Beer!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Contagion

Reaction score
Mmkay, so there's been alot of "your favourite..." threads going round lately, so I thought I'd start one (sorry if it's been done before but clearly I missed it so shhh) about the most awesome thing known to man; Beer.

I would like to discuss your preferred. I'll start us off....

I'm fairly picky with my beer (and everything else in life, thanks ocd). But I think I can safely say my favourite would have to be tooheys new. It's just a good solid full strength beer, it's not fancy, it's not low carb or anything like that. It's just straight up, plain old awesome.

I also rather enjoy a coopers. Right at this moment I'm drinking a coopers sparkling ale, though I'd have to put pale ale down as my favourite coopers.

When I can't get tooheys on tap i try for XXXX bitter. IMO it's underrated! it's not too dissimilar from tooheys I find, in that again, it's not fancy, it's just there.

I use to enjoy a tooheys extra dry here and there, but I find them a little low int he carbonation department these days, you gotta taste to bubbles I reckon. They're a bit of an introduction into the tooheys saga I feel. I started on them and then graduated onto news.

Tooheys old I don't mind, though I rarely purchase these. I'm also quite fond of XXXX gold, heiniken (sp?), Kronenburg, Hahn something (I can't remember which one it was), and I find carlton draught bareably when none of the above is available (cairns.....).

So lets here it! what do you drink? what do you love? what do you not so much love but would drink if it was given to you (wasting beer should be punishable by death!!) ?

My partner LOVES the James Boag Pure at the moment - said its the best beer he has ever had

But personally - Vodka all the way :p

Actually I rather like pure blonds too, but I don't buy them. I have them when my cousins have them.

3 cartons a week ain't bad, fair effort I say.

I've not ever had a boags... must try sometime....

I like cold beer, usually drink imported Australian stuff. Pure blondes are good for cocktails like liver damage :lol:

I personally just about vomit at the thought of mid strength beers, I haven't come accross one that isn't pure crap. Good old Tooheys Extra Dry is the way to go, I used to be a Heineken/Stella man but its too expensive here, got over the taste anyway. I also like Carlton Dry, but its a last resort. I vote the worst beer in Australia is bloody XXXX of any sort.

Though at the moment I'm going through a spirits stage and am currently sipping on a some black label Jim Beam with a bit of coke. I chop and change between beer and spirits.

Yeah... see, my spirits phase ended after a bottle of OP rum in an hour... leading to a concussion and confused trip to the hospital.....

Mid strength for the lose.... gold is the only thing mid that i'll touch.

I personally just about vomit at the thought of mid strength beers, I haven't come accross one that isn't pure crap. Good old Tooheys Extra Dry is the way to go, I used to be a Heineken/Stella man but its too expensive here, got over the taste anyway. I also like Carlton Dry, but its a last resort. I vote the worst beer in Australia is bloody XXXX of any sort.

Though at the moment I'm going through a spirits stage and am currently sipping on a some black label Jim Beam with a bit of coke. I chop and change between beer and spirits.

Only alcohol that I've come across and liked are west coast cruisers! Cause they don't taste like alcohol...I also like lemon lime + bitters, except its got so little alcohol I wouldn't really class it as a true alcoholic beverage... lol. I'm 20 (turning 21), never been tipsy (is that what you even call it still?) or drunk, and never been in a club. Most people my own age think I'm nuts, but it doesn't appeal to me :) I think I'd have issues if ever I did get drunk though, as I am a shocking sleepwalker when I take any drugs that tend to cause drowsiness (as a kid I unlocked the front door and ended up down the street one night).

I can't stand the taste of most alcohol, which I 'spose saves me a lot of cash haha

Tooheys Extra Dry and Pure Blondes are the only beer I will drink...but I am a big fan of both of them! I have to say that XXXX and VB are the two worst beers that are on offer!
I'm not much of a drinker but when I do drink I lean more towards spirits unless I'm in a beer mood (which is getting to be pretty often lately) :D

Hey, that's just you. You won't get any criticism from me. I wish I was like you, I love the stuff and i'm a problem drinker. It seems to be genetic, lol.

Each to their own, and I commend you for your sobriety.

Only alcohol that I've come across and liked are west coast cruisers! Cause they don't taste like alcohol...I also like lemon lime + bitters, except its got so little alcohol I wouldn't really class it as a true alcoholic beverage... lol. I'm 20 (turning 21), never been tipsy (is that what you even call it still?) or drunk, and never been in a club. Most people my own age think I'm nuts, but it doesn't appeal to me :) I think I'd have issues if ever I did get drunk though, as I am a shocking sleepwalker when I take any drugs that tend to cause drowsiness (as a kid I unlocked the front door and ended up down the street one night).

I can't stand the taste of most alcohol, which I 'spose saves me a lot of cash haha

I have alcoholics in my family, but the taste just doesn't appeal to me I suppose! Must have skipped my generation :) I have nothing against you guys either, just thought I'd share my 'story', not that you probably wanted it lol.

Land Shark is my current fav beer.

Lowenbrau is a close second.

Cant stand XXXX, it's ****!

Im a homebrewer so I don't really have a favourite as I am always making a new recipe.
I have a sweet spot for a brew I make with light malt extract, dextrose and amarillo & centenial hops.
First hit is a passionfruity taste with a watermelon after taste (hard to explain but is a nice drop)

Im a homebrewer so I don't really have a favourite as I am always making a new recipe.
I have a sweet spot for a brew I make with light malt extract, dextrose and amarillo & centenial hops.
First hit is a passionfruity taste with a watermelon after taste (hard to explain but is a nice drop)

harden up and drink some VB and chase it with a good swig of bourbon :lol: That said my homebrew (when i could be bothered) was rated better than XXXX :( The old beer fridge is now cooking quail eggs instead, they taste much better.

harden up and drink some VB and chase it with a good swig of bourbon :lol: That said my homebrew (when i could be bothered) was rated better than XXXX :( The old beer fridge is now cooking quail eggs instead, they taste much better.

I reckon if I bottled up my own urine it would rate better than XXXX ;)

Ewww VB is a bogans drink lol.
Give me a quality brewed beer anytime.
James Squire or Hoegarden clone with your own twist = mmmmmm something with flavour & aroma

I reckon if I bottled up my own urine it would rate better than XXXX ;)
:lol: Good call!!
Ewww VB is a bogans drink lol.
Give me a quality brewed beer anytime.
James Squire or Hoegarden clone with your own twist = mmmmmm something with flavour & aroma
This is Australia mate harden the f up!! Darn girly beers, my urine taste better and even XXXX does too!!:lol:
Bundy rummmmmmm 4me
Two thumbs up!! :D

Personally beer wise nothing beats an ice cold Tooheys New unless Carlton Draught is cheaper :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back