Beer!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
as a bit of a global traveller(35 countries so far)and including 2 Munich octoberfests, i make an effort to destroy myself with the best local beers in each country. i fine the latin american beers to be my favorite with the highlights to be
-Tona(nicaragua)
-dos equis(mexico)
-sol(mexico)
-dorada draft(guatamala)
-victoria(nicaragua)
-brahma(brasil)

and for europe
-amstel(holland)
-franziskaner weissbier(germany)

its just a shame no one imports Tona into australia.they would make a killing.
cheers(burp)
simon

Ewww VB is a bogans drink lol.

Not when you drink it with JD or a nice bourbon, then it is metro style :lol: Some foriegn countries make good beer, such as Germany and a few countiries near by, but south american rubbish like corona is worse than XXXX, but i love bud :D

Last edited:
Where do I start? I LOVE beer.

"Cut my teeth" on Waikato.

If I'm driving and have to have lights I love Cascade, Boags or Hahn Premium

In my fridge at the moment I have Stella and I finished my Heinekins last night. Not drinking them though cause I seem to be on a spirits buzz & have a taste for Beam Blacks.

Also love

Boags Premium
Cascade Premium
Extra Dry
Corona when its HOT
James Squire Pils
Tooheys Pils
Becks
Coopers Red
Tusker (from Vanuatu - if any Brisbanites know where I can find this please let me know!)
Sapporo
Carlsberg

Stopping for now this list goes on & on...

Never really got into:

Lowenbrau
Marnier
Guiness (except in pies!)

harden up and drink some VB and chase it with a good swig of bourbon :lol: That said my homebrew (when i could be bothered) was rated better than XXXX :( The old beer fridge is now cooking quail eggs instead, they taste much better.

You would need to chase it with a swig of something strong to wash the crap flavor of VB out of your mouth!

I reckon if I bottled up my own urine it would rate better than XXXX ;)

Hmmm... does it do the trick?

This is Australia mate harden the f up!! Darn girly beers, my urine taste better and even XXXX does too!!:lol:

Umm James Squire IS an Australian drink (although I prefer a clone with my own hop boil).
And how exactly does one harden the f up!! by drinking alcohol?
Do you have a recipe for a brew that will put hair on my chest or some other manly feature to hide my slightly feminem attributes? lol (just taking the pee mate)

Personally beer wise nothing beats an ice cold Tooheys New unless Carlton Draught is cheaper :lol:

Tooheys new & Carlton draught?
Over rated commercial drinks like these that use cheap ingredients to turn a $ are ok, but I think I will stick to brewing my own, where you can pre-determin the alcohol content, the bitterness, the aroma & the flavour along with carbonation & head, to make 25 litres of a REAL BEER for less then you'd pay for a carton of overpriced commercial crap!

Icey cold kegs on tap 24/7... Life is sweet lol

ETA:
A few other nice drops I have created recently include:
Mexican Cerveza with chilli (like a corona with a slight burning after taste)
Canadian blonde with honey (like a pure blonde with a sweet after taste)
And perfected my ginger beer recipe (non alcoholic for when on the boat to avoid sea sickness)

Last edited:
I like bud for an american beer. Dont mind becks, corona and cascade. But prefer tom turner bourbon and cola from aldi. aldi's light beer storm is not bad either. no pretension from me.;)

corona is the "fosters" of mexico.no one drinks the stuff over there.its all dos equis and sol in mexico and they are both heaps better and very easy to drink.great when your up for a big session.

Has to be TEDS for me. Nothing else unless it has a Beam label on it.

Thats exactly me aswell! :) Been drinking more TEDS then jimmy atm as its hot but when the winter months come in ill revert back to the good old jimmy to keep me warm. :D

My 3 faves are Guinness, Kronenburg 1664, and Stella. Thats in England though! Here, Guiness is crap, and all 3 overpriced! anyone drinking Heineken, or Lowenbrau, or Calsberg, or Buds, drink imports for the sake of it, or like a good headache in the morning, they are rubbish...I like a pure Blond...:)

Of all the beers I've tried the only one I've been able to drink a whole bottle of is La Guillotine.. and at $10 a bottle I don't think it'd be worth it.
My bf and friend are big on German/European beers and always get me to taste, but in the end it's all beer and all tastes horrible ESPECIALLY Bacon beer. :p

I'll stick to cider.

Carlton Draught all the way, tap, stubbie or can. Can't stand any tooheys product especially new and extra dry.

I've only spent a little time in Australia but Toohey's old was my favourite.
Cheers,
Paul.

Asahi is my personal favourite.

As for worst beer it has to be red bitter, at $30 for a block of 30 cans, it puts XXXX to shame.

Hands down the best beer is the Bintang. From Indonesia.. Cant beat that.

Also, here in Australia I do like XXXX Bitter. For some strange reason. Many of you say it's ****, but I actually like the taste of it. =)

EDIT: I've tried both cans and stubbies (or what you call them. Normal bottles), and there is a huge difference. I hate the XXXX Bitter cans, but I love the bottles =) Ice cold..!

I drink Hahn Super Dry but must be super cold and never get a hangover or a beer gut....lol

But also like Crownies and a few imported beers as well.

my favorite is the stuff i brew from a family friends recipe two cans of draught mix and good quality yeast. 2weeks in the vat and a month and a bit in the bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back