Best Photo Competition - Round 2

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zen

We're now taking entries into Round 2 of the Best Photo Competition.

If you entered into Round 1, you can't enter again. Sorry.
Please PM entries to Zen or Soulweaver for sorting.
Soulweaver will delete any photo that is posted in the thread.
They will be posted in groups of 20 (due to poll limit) in order of appearance, for you all to vote on.
There will be a playoff of all groups at the end of August, when a winner will be decided by a final poll - the Peoples' Vote.

I would like to dedicate this comp to David Lutz, for all his hard work on APS over the years and his assistance in helping to set it up. Thanks Lutzy

If you have any questions or need help reducing pics, feel free to PM Zen or Soulweaver.

Here's a few rules to ensure a fair contest:-

#1 - It must be your own original photograph! (the exception being, that if you share rights to a pic or the photo was taken collaboratively or on your behalf). This is to make it fair & for copyright reasons.
- The specimen does not have to be owned by you, though e.g. it could be a wild specimen, a friend's or a zoo animal.

#2 - Pic must be of a certain standard size or we will reduce it or blow it up to the right size (please make it 800x600 ). This is essential to level the playing field.
**If your proportions are different then make the longest sides 800 pixels.

#3 - Voting will be done as a poll. Please vote for the best photo, not the animal you like the look of the best.

#4 - Only one photo can be submitted per person, so please choose carefully.

#5 - The winners of each round will go into a final playoff round.
- The winner of the final round will be the overall winner.

#6 - In the event of a tie, the winner will be worked out by the photo competition committee. In the event of a hung committee, Lutzy will be called upon to decide the best pic.

#7 - Voting for yourself will forfeit your entry into the competition. Please do not vote for yourself, tempting as it might be.

#8 - Enjoy!

Bugger can't enter another photo.. lol

Well heres a couple for some inspiration!

4783d8228f5da9713a07b9c24718f07b.jpg

2fcf5984d08241507722edea6768238f.jpg

Both Simones guys, beautiful reptiles!

Yeah I know I was probably a few cm from his head.. very well behaved..

Sorry Steve, otherwise I can't see how it would be fair.
Anyway, you'd probably end up with more than one pic in the final playoff anyway :lol:
That certainly wouldn't be fair.

I just love that close-up of the Water Dragons eye! 8)
One of the best eye close-ups I've ever seen! :shock:
If you look closely, you can actually see that you've used the Pentax for that shot, as you can read the lettering on the lens of the camera in the reflection . :eek:

Not to mention the extraordinary detail in the iris! Truly amazing!!!
An iridologist could diagnose the health of the lizard with this photograph!
Great shot.

cheers mate :) i love these comps theres some really amazing pics so far so I cant wait to see the final :)

My pleasure Ben :)

I'm glad you're enjoying it so much. :D
Round 1 was good wasn't it.
Over 100 votes in the poll and 1000 hits! A new record for the comps 8)

We've already got some wonderful pics so it's looking like another good round. :)

Just a gentle reminder to please make your pics 800 X 600 pixels.

If you need any help reducing pics feel free to pm PM me. :)

Yep, got it Chris, it's a beauty too!
The size is fine.

On the subject of pic size, some entries are too small, which puts you at a distinct disadvantage.
If in doubt, please PM me & I'll talk you through it. Another option is that I'll give you my email address and you can send me the full size pic and I'll reduce it.

i want to get into photography i reckon it would be awesome
when i start working again im saving for a camera and then save for a macro
come to think of it my dad might have one lying around some where

Hey Zen,
Do the pics have to be of reptiles or can we use spiders?
Thanks
Tan

Reptiles only. I should have put it in the title -Best Reptile Photo Comp.

I'm still getting undersized pics. I can't blow them up without pixelation, which effectively ruins them.
If in doubt, it's better to send them full size wthout any reduction, rather than too small.
I can always reduce them but I generally can't make them any bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back