BHP throat looks swollen

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bowdnboy

Reaction score
G'Day,

Ive just had a good look at my male BHP, and it looks like his throat may be a little swollen??

He's about 4-4.5yrs old. Ive had him in with my girl for a week, no mating observed, however she was doing the mad tail flicker. Anyway, ive just pulled him back out.

It s only about 2-3inches in length of the actual area that looks swollen, just after where the black finishes at the head. Its not swollen massively, but I can see it. He hasnt been fed for a few weeks so I doubt its food related & hes not due for a shed??

Anyone seen this before in their BHP or other pythons?? Its not a BHP breeding male type response is it??? It doesnt seem to be effecting him.

Cheers

my womas have had this occasionally after a big feed item or leading up to a shed. once shed it goes back to normal. have heard a few others with womas experiencing the same. i don't keep bhps but imagine it could be a similar thing.

could be coming up to a pre-breeding season slough. most my snakes do this, even if they have not been fed for weeks/months.

Cheers Ozzie,

I'll just keep an eye on him for the next day or so. I cant remember it ever happening leading up to a shed in the past that if so was so noticable.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back