big big problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good stuff slither i had to do the same last week the hardest things to hide were the enclosuers did it well though

its funny ur having so many problems, i hosted the strata meeting this year and of the 13 people who turned up everyone was interested and no one had a problem with it.

i even took Loki out so the people who wanted to hold him could.

Slither - Terrible to hear this debacle is still going on...I thought you had resolved the issues last time 'round. It's a shame...

They can't come into your premises, not without a warrant or your permission.

In todays society I would consider all reptiles as being domestic (not domesticated) as we have built our domeciles on their homes in the first place. As Steve Irwin became popular so has herptology. Therefore how many people have to own an animal before it is considered domestic, such as a bullterrior (which attack childeren) or tom cat (that kills all our native birds etc.). Another point for others in this situation is that we only have 1 native dog and you need a lic. to keep them in NSW (dingo). Yet all animals we keep under a reptile lic will only be australian native animals, unless you have an exotic or zooalogical lic.
If anyone replies that there are not enough people who consider them as pets then direct them to this site and any other herp sites you know and I am sure they will see that there are just as many people in to herps as there are any other animals.....

... As far as making you remove the snakes, don't they have an obligation to prove that the snakes pose a risk to other residents before they can make you remove them? To be honest this sounds like your body corp are on a powertrip. I would be fighting this all the way just on principal.

Exactly

... As far as making you remove the snakes, don't they have an obligation to prove that the snakes pose a risk to other residents before they can make you remove them? To be honest this sounds like your body corp are on a powertrip. I would be fighting this all the way just on principal.
The onus "by law" is on the body corp to prove that your animals pose a danger to anyone in the immediate vacinity.

If you are renting then they can pull the "No pets clause". If you own it they have to prove that the danger exists.

Thanks Shamous - was pretty sure that was the legal standing on it.. same kinda thing applies if you get arrested :) onus is on them to prove you did it, not on you to prove you didn't

And does anyone in the complex have a pomeranian? If they do make a complaint about it - it can inflict more damage than your snakes can, and you can guarantee that they won't make them get rid of it and then you can use that as your argument if it comes up again :)

if they try it go to A Current Affair or today tonight or somethin......because they cannot do that seriously!!!!!!!!

bummer that sucks

if you took it to a current affair theyd probably turn it around to make you and your snakes look evil :rolleyes: and the poor poor residents live in fear of their lives from the evil snake man :rolleyes::rolleyes:
LOL - would make a better story for them

Kevin, keep on hanging in there. You have been battling this for a while. but if you succeed you could end up being a good case for anyone is in a similar situation.

Snake pimp,, are seem like a nasty little fellow. Glad someone is dead is not a nice thing to say about anyone, even an enemy... I have noted a fair few posts you have written. If you can't say anything nice, dont say ANYTHING! She may have been difficult for Kevin, and may have been a cranky old thing, but she is someone's mother, remember that.. YOu have one too!

As said before, you must a be young, very young!

seek legal advice , but they cant come in and remove them as they are protected and registered to you through your licence , you mentioned that you own your house ,so how can they have full control over what you do in your home?
sorry bud but that sucks !!!!!
i wouldnt take that garbage fight with all that you have got ,
take one next door, with any luck the old bat will pack up and leave you alone ha ha ha .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back