Black and Gold Jungle. What are they like?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it really depends on the individual Snake.
I had the choice between two Jungles from the same clutch and only being new to Snakes I chose the more tame one.

Here he/she is...

IMAG0315.jpgIMAG0314.jpgIMAG0311.jpgIMAG0310.jpg

I really should get a decent camera for when I take shots rather than relying on my phone.

And I should really cut my finger nails. Lol.

Last edited:
Hahaha I am just attracted to the colours and patterns, I love your DP Leamos!
I am hoping that if I get one that it keeps the strong colouration for life (but understand thats not always the case).

Thanks Skelhorn, but what's a DP?

All mine are monsters - they can be handled relatively well on a hook, but will still strike and be very defensive - you will be quickly turned into a pincushion otherwise.

I do only keep Palmerstons which are known to be especially snappy - perhaps due to their smaller natural size and a need to be more defensive in the wild?

That being said I would never give them up, they are just one of those beautiful display animals that would rather be left alone and that's fine by me. :)

Since Colin's posted a few of his, here's one more from him....

e8776a16.jpg

904e458f.jpg

I have owned 5 Jungles and only one of them can be cranky, the others have never tried to bite me, even the cranky one has only had a few bad days, most of the time she is awesome.
Here is a male I bought of Colin, he is approaching 3 years old.

jj-3.jpg

so colin, how many of a clutch come out that vivid black and yellow? they are stunning. i wasnt gonna buy another snake but a jungle like that... well that could just about look great in my shrinking herp room lol

My B&G is a pain in the butt ever since i got him he has had a terrible temperament. That being said tho he has AMAZING colour & patterns!! including the number " 7 " on his head here's a pic :)
Seiben.JPG

My B&G is a pain in the butt ever since i got him he has had a terrible temperament. That being said tho he has AMAZING colour & patterns!! including the number " 7 " on his head here's a pic :)
View attachment 264486

Wow, This Jungle I like A LOT... I hope he calms down as he gets older. Will be interesting to see how the colour goes as that is really striking in my opinion :)

P.S. Love his name!! (image name)

All species can have there good ones and bad...my male was cage defensive but as others have mentioned then i just use a hook if he looks sus...normally he just comes out by hand....Flighty when out tho and they love to hiss in yur ear...my Bredli is same but alot slower
nearly 2 and a plesure to own him :lol: Ps. Colin do u only bread Jungles???

so colin, how many of a clutch come out that vivid black and yellow? they are stunning. i wasnt gonna buy another snake but a jungle like that... well that could just about look great in my shrinking herp room lol

Usually all of them mate. Thanks.

Here's one with a 5 head pattern or a reverse 2. Depends how you look at it.

DSC03948-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back