Blue Tounge enclosure ideas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

massive27

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey just wondering if anybody could post sum pics of there bluey enclosures to give me some ideas for when i get my tank, also I would like to know what substrate u use or think is the best to use. cheers

This is an outdoor one, I used to keep them indoors but haven't for a long time, I'll see if I can dig up a pic later. I use either newspaper, repti-bark, sand or artificial turf. Whatever's easy for you I guess
79def985-f4fa-e8fe.jpg

Hope that helps.

Also if you do a quick search I'm sure you could find heaps of pics etc.

I personally wouldn't use newspaper , unless u put some rough surfaces in there
if you don't then they end up like a cat with super long claws

I personally wouldn't use newspaper , unless u put some rough surfaces in there
if you don't then they end up like a cat with super long claws

You can use newspaper as a substrate, but you need rocks, logs other rough surfaces like you said

i started this in january, ah well better late than never. cheers guys

It's a Lizard run that I'll put my 3 young Cunninghams in after winter, it's a way of introducing them to the older skinks without the physical contact. I am aware of the dangers that involve wire mesh and I'm putting up a barrier on both sides to try to avoid abrasion that they may cause themselves

It's a Lizard run that I'll put my 3 young Cunninghams in after winter, it's a way of introducing them to the older skinks without the physical contact. I am aware of the dangers that involve wire mesh and I'm putting up a barrier on both sides to try to avoid abrasion that they may cause themselves

Thats a great idea here's a pic of mine.
DSCF1911.jpg

anybody got any indoor enclosure pics? I just picked up my one week old shingleback yesterday and he will be staying inside til the winter is over at least

anybody got any indoor enclosure pics? I just picked up my one week old shingleback yesterday and he will be staying inside til the winter is over at least

This is an old pic of one of my tanks that I use for my bluetongues and shinglebacks.

Skinks like to bask and burrow, so they'll prefer an overhead heat source rather than a heat mat, and a substrate they can dig in like a paper based cat litter (breeders choice, Dr Harry's, Coles), or shredded paper or kritters crumble. A nice deep cover of a few inches and they'll love it.

Even old clothes can be used and are easy to just chuck in the wash to clean.
I use tiles, astro turf or newspaper down one end for their food & water bowls to have a level surface.

Don't forget rocks and logs because believe it or not shingles love to climb and explore !

album_pic.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back