Bluey ATTACKED!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimalCollector6

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My dog attacked this little wild bluey just before,
he's got some scale damage in the middle of his back, and somethings wrong with his nose!? It looks singed? The dog grabbed him right in the middle and shook her head from side to side and I'm just worried he might have some internal damage, there wasnt any blood in his mouth either, if that could be a sign.

Thanks for any help,

Scott.

take it the the vet any vet will do the will call a wild life carer and they will take it and go to a reptile vet to see what they can do.

Take the lizard to a vet. Many vets don't charge for treating native wildlife.
Good luck little bluey!

Looks like a Blotched. If this occurred near Wilsons Prom as your info suggests I understand that your vet options are somewhat limited. They are tough little buggers, if your unable to get to a vet perhaps you could ' pen ' it up outside for observation and see what happens. Don't try and feed it, maybe offer some water and if in a day or so if it looks ok release it.

That nose injury might be old, it doesn't really look fresh I don't think...

I would just let it go. Probably worth trying to train your dog to leave them alone to, im not familiar with your location but the next blue tounge could turn out to be a death adder or something.

I reckon it will be fine, youd be suprised what a bluey can take.
Ive got a little fella living in my front yard, has a missing tail from a dog attack and a old bung arm from what looks like shedding restriction or maybe a past dog attack.
Tail was due to my dogs in the backyard and in about a week or two hes fully healed and is happyly eating all the snails in my front yard and sits next to my mailbox to eye ball me as i go past every morning lol

Looks like sweet young Tiliqua nigrolutea.
Have there been any fires near where it was found? (it looks like a burn on the snout to me)
Dog teeth are more sterile than cats, so antibiotics is not essential.
Does the bluey walk and move normally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back