Boa constrictor?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
peterjohnson64 said:
Dorian, I have no idea what a White Lipped Python is and I also have no idea where TI is. My herp interest is pretty much focussed on natives clearly. (Now I will here that TI is somewhere near Dandenong)

Sorry Pete, TI is the term native folk give themselves who are from the Torres Strait. Part of Oz but more closely related to PNG in terms of fauna.
White lipped pythons are listed on NPWS species list but do not appear on the mainland. I suppose if herps lived in Antartica we could also legally hold them :wink: Care for a penguin? :wink:

We only own territories in Antartica, it isn't part of Aust, but some Sub-Antartic Islands are part of out Country ;)

You can't dismiss a species because it isn't found on the mainland. You would have to say the Chappel Island Tigersnake wasn't an Australian species.

Isn't Antartica 'owned' by about 10 different countries ? Imagine the fun and games with NPWS sorting that lot out :lol:

Dicco said:
We only own territories in Antartica, it isn't part of Aust, but some Sub-Antartic Islands are part of out Country ;)

Ahhh, thank you. Clearly throwing the "S" in makes it just that tooo long for them to say doesn't it. TSI, wow, what a mouth full.

As for white lipped pythons, why aren't they in our photo gallery so I knew more about them?

And now that we have invaded Iraq...can we keep any of their native reptiles?

Boy, the beer is cutting in now isn't it. Where is that "Late Night Posts" thread. Don't tell Azz about this post, please.

i have to say the risk just isn't acceptable. however if were not allowed to keep exotic reptiles then why are we aloud to have exotic birds?

in the area i live in there are alexandrine parakeets. native to india and eastern middle east. this year the pair in the area has had 1 baby. i have seen the father and his little bub and on a different ocation the mom and the little baby.

last year i caught a large male alexandrine. he was definatly an excaping but was handling his own.(i setup a trap and spent 2 weeks waiting). that large male now resides at the residence of a bird breeder i know and has been paired up with a girl(i was taking him out of the wild, even though he was feral, i thought he deserved to have a good life ;) )

so there are a feral species of parrot not only surviving but reproducing in melbourne. whats to stop this happening but with exotic reptiles? having them illegal is a damn good thing even though i would absolutely love to have a chameleon.

my 2 cents

Ok, I'd best be signing off now, I'll attend to anything new in the moring.

Catchya later Boa, was a good thread, I quite enjoyed it, nice and civilised ;)

this subject is going alright for once :D

i typed up a list of exotics ive encountered first hand (which i wont post), and it totalled a bit over 20 species, 3 of them venomous, 1 deadly venomous.

boa, really? adult gila's? holy crapola!

Hers th elist of exotics I've encountered. 1. Squat. Thats it. where have I been. Or is the fact I am a politician keeping them away from me? Hey, I have only been one for 2 years now.

Yes it was good, I enjoyed it.
Yeah the Gilas were amazing, the biggest was about 18 inches long and as tame as a Blue Tongue. I think about $2000 from memory.

basketcase said:
this subject is going alright for once :D

i typed up a list of exotics ive encountered first hand (which i wont post), and it totalled a bit over 20 species, 3 of them venomous, 1 deadly venomous.

boa, really? adult gila's? holy crapola!

Bring em on, ive seen worse threats to our enviroment at cronulla and maroubra!

Rofl Boa re: russian torts a threat to lettuce industry! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back