Boiga irregularis and enclosure pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpike

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I had a spare enclosure left over after moving a few herps around recently, and my BTS was due for an enclosure upgrade so I thought I might make the most of it and put her in a display enclosure. I usually keep all of my enclosures more practical and hygienic so this was a nice change. After pulling out a few bits and pieces I had packed away I moved her into her new enclosure. I think it came up pretty good and I reckon it makes an alright display.

IMG_4883.jpg

IMG_4884.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

And some of the tenant..
IMG_4888.jpg

IMG_4893.jpg

IMG_4896.jpg

IMG_4897.jpg

IMG_4898.jpg

Feel free to throw some pics of your tree snakes and enclosures if you have any...

Cheers,

Kane

Nice enclosure, is that a scar on the side of his head? Wat happened?

Nice one Kane. How long have you had him? Does he eat well for you and is he aggressive at all?

I picked up a pair of Night Tigers on the weekend, one has eaten already, the other is not too interested as yet but was said to be eating mice at the time. They are surprisingly placid although i did manage to cop a bite on the forehead on Sunday night. :lol:

NightTiger3.jpg

NightTiger2.jpg

NightTiger-1.jpg

Cheers.

MrB - I got her in early January. She was a WIRES rescue and supposedly feeding on pink rats. She has only eaten 1 pink rat on the 14th of January so I am going to try her again tonight. She seems to be doing fine so I'm not to worried at the moment.

They are surprisingly placid although i did manage to cop a bite on the forehead on Sunday night. :lol:

I heard Colin almost got nipped aswell? :lol:

Kane

Bts?

Nice Spike... Here's one i photographed a while ago.....

Attachments

• tn_100_7061.JPG
    tn_100_7061.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 74
  • tn_100_7064.JPG
    tn_100_7064.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 61
Cheers for posting those snow.

MrB - I will warn him.

Thanks,

Kane

In my experience.....
BTS prefer fuzzy / weaner mice to pink rats and will eat up to 10 in a sitting.
BTS won't eat everytime you offer, but when they take one food item, offer more till they stop, it might be weeks before they want to eat again.
BTS love birds (don't we all), if you can get any sort of baby bird, they love them.

Kane, who'd you get the night tigers of if you dont mind me asking?
would love a pair when you breed them. iv been trying to track down some blue phase GTS but i cant find anything.

I love the enclosure!

I've had my eastern form BTS for a bit over a year now and is as placid as they come. Naturally the tree snakes tend to be a little flighty with quick movements, but that's about it. I can literally hand feed the one I have without drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back