Bredli Eye

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeWrangler

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have noticed over the last few months that my female bredli has eyes that seem depressed into the socket, I am not sure if it has always been like this or if it is a new development.

Anybody know of a reason why this is like it and if and how it can be corrected?

Cheers. :)

Does the other one look similar? It doesn't look infected or anything, she look happy enough.

The other eye is the same, she seems very happy, always eating and exploring when out of her enclosure. I am mostly worried that something might get into the gap and cause an infection.

Cheers.

Thats interesting. Maybe she has early onset of that? She is only 2 however. The first thing I thought was that maybe her eyes have stopped growing or something weird like that... :shock:

Cheers.

Actually I have also noticed that the tips of her tounge appear to be white... is this normal or maybe another sign of a problem? I tried to get a photo of her tounge but it aint very easy!! :D

Is it possible she has some kind of vitamin deficiency?

Cheers.

Any head swelling fades after slough and vitamin def. would be unusual if fed whole prey items, so sorry not much help.

My beardies eyes do that when there dehydrated, no idea if that the reason for snakes but just make sure there is available water in the enclosure for her.

Any help is better than nothing so thankyou.

It is possibly dehydration as I only have a little water bowl for her and it seems to evaporate really quick, I will try refilling it everyday to prevent it from ever going dry and see if that helps.

How long would it take to correct dehydration if that is the problem?

Thanks again. :)

Snakewrangler forget it, it's nothing!! :D Very, very common in Bredls pythons and slightly common in other pythons. It just happens and it's not a problem at all. :)

serpenttounge, I hope your right. The last thing I need right now is a serious problem with my snakes...

Thanks for the help everyone.

Cheers. :)

I guess i should point out that mite infestations can cause swelling around the eyes where they gather during the day, but thats not whats happening with your Bredls. My Bredls eyes are exactly the same as yours. I'm the most paranoid keeper out there and i'm not worried, so believe me, your Bredls are fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back