bredli / scrub python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

craigc

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a friend that owns a bredli and a scrub python. Can anyone tell me if it is illegal to bread them together. The bredli is 4yrs, just under 2m. The scrub is 6yrs, and 10ft. the bredli is female and the scrub is a male.

No idea.
I have recently bred a bredli with a jungle and was told it was but i was also told it wasnt illegal.So I have no clue.

Tones of " Debates" you mean. Hybridising different occuring region snakes is BAAAAD! I was nearly killed when I said I was getting a natural hybrid!

I don't know about other states but in NSW it is illegal.
(Read the fine print on the licence).
Easy solution...just buy another bredli and another scrubbie.

x breeding / license details

read details on the license
hey greebo i'm class 1 theres nothing on my license about x breeding??? anyway, it's your fault1 :D

I didn't mean on your actual licence but on the conditions of your licence. If you don't want to take my word for it ring up NPWS.

Hey I beleive you but I never got any additional fine print, how did you find out? I reckon licensee's should get ALL the info re conditions with the license. Is there anything I missed on the fauna book? :p

although i hate crossbreeding i cant stop him so tell ya friend to watch that the scruby doesnt make a meal of the bredli.

yea...I heard Srubs can be fierce little ( or should I say huge ) B*tches. BTW, I dont know what state your friend is from but the NSW licencing system doesnt allow Srubs in Class 1. So if he is in class 2 ( or 3 ) he should no better then crossing.

Hybrids r stuipid and the scrubbie will eat the bredli so its one big meal

Hybrids are not stupid.People that are ignorant of other peoples likings are stupid.That is like saying gays are retards because they dont agree with your sexual preferences.Are you against homosexuals also BS? If you are do you tell them in the chat room this or do you pretend to be close to them so you are not picked on for being a homophobe?

i agree, are you predjudice against a baby who has a white mother and black father ????

Tell this friend of urs to think about wat he is doing. Wat are the consequences? If his bredli does manage to breed without being eatin how will the babies turn out? Will the hatchies have deformaties or internal abnormalities? Anyway why the hell would ya want to cross a bredli and a scrubby of all things?

I'd would like to know why your friend wants to bread these two snakes, are they just breading them to get some money or have they actually made a choice that they want to bread these two snakes. In my oppinion these are teh worst two snakes to try and cross bread. What would the babies turn out like even if they didn't have any defromities? I am not against cross breading but I'm not for it either but I think if your friend is looking to cross bread some animals then I think he could make a better choice with regards to the types of snakes he will be breeding. I dont know the laws on this and from what people have said it is illegal in most states so issue solved. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back