Breeding Albinos!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What difference is in 100% het x 100% het Vs 100% het x 66% het? I have a 100% boy, I'm just curious about what sort of gf to get him.
If you have a 100% Het boy then a female Albino or a 100% Het Female is best to guarantee you some Albino offspring.

plz someone out there that breeds these answer my question or did i knock the nail on the head about albino X albino?

plz someone out there that breeds these answer my question or did i knock the nail on the head about albino X albino?

I too am curious about this. Offspring are guaranteed to be all albino and yet I haven't seen this mating. There must be a reason for this.

so what I have always wanted to know is how do you tell what is het and what isn't??????????? Anybody can tell you that you are buying a het but how the hell do ya tell??
buy off reputable breeders period.

I've been breeding alb x alb for 8 years now.There is no problems.

It is very simple when you it is represented in Punnett's square. Here is a good article on it The Periodic Table of Pythons - Genetics 101

I also wish to point out that when gene combinations are expressed as percentages, and are often seen in the law of averages. But sometimes it doesnt always work to those percentages either. A possible het means only possible, and as far as I am aware the only way to test the het is to prove it out in breeding. I am yet to meet a breeder who can visually tell the difference between het and non het in a clutch by looking at them, it is only a guess based on percentages, or on proven genes. My opinion is that good breeders sell possibles as normal, and only known hets as hets. Remember in theory any snake can be a het. I am not an expert so please dont take my opinion as gospel, it is just an opinion.

It is very simple when you it is represented in Punnett's square. Here is a good article on it The Periodic Table of Pythons - Genetics 101

I also wish to point out that when gene combinations are expressed as percentages, and are often seen in the law of averages. But sometimes it doesnt always work to those percentages either. A possible het means only possible, and as far as I am aware the only way to test the het is to prove it out in breeding. I am yet to meet a breeder who can visually tell the difference between het and non het in a clutch by looking at them, it is only a guess based on percentages, or on proven genes. My opinion is that good breeders sell possibles as normal, and only known hets as hets. Remember in theory any snake can be a het. I am not an expert so please dont take my opinion as gospel, it is just an opinion.

The table is very clarifying :) and easy enough to follow which helps, thank you.

What difference is in 100% het x 100% het Vs 100% het x 66% het? I have a 100% boy, I'm just curious about what sort of gf to get him.

ok hard to explain but there is no such thing as a 66%het you either have a het or you dont. when you breed 100hetx100het you will get 1/2 hets 1/4 normals 1/4albino but there is no way telling which ones are the hets and witch ones are the normals so you have a 66% chance its a het when you buy the animal

so breeding a 100%het to 66% het
would be equal to either breeding
100%het x 100%het
or 100% x normal

Pm me if you want me to explain it futher.

ok hard to explain but there is no such thing as a 66%het you either have a het or you dont. when you breed 100hetx100het you will get 1/2 hets 1/4 normals 1/4albino but there is no way telling which ones are the hets and witch ones are the normals so you have a 66% chance its a het when you buy the animal

so breeding a 100%het to 66% het
would be equal to either breeding
100%het x 100%het
or 100% x normal

Pm me if you want me to explain it futher.

That's helped :) I think the best bet is definantly to get a pretty little albino girl for my boy :) cheers

het x normal = 1/4 het. 3/4 albino
het x het = 1/4 albino 2/4 het 1/4 halbino
het x albino = 1/2 albino 1/2 het
albino x albino = 4/4 albino

my first albino breeding is goign to be het to albino that way i can sell my hets quicker

Sorry mate but what is halbino?

I've been breeding alb x alb for 8 years now.There is no problems.

Thanks for that looking at just the genetics I didn't think there would be any problems unlike jag x jag. Why is the het x albino the most popular breeding though? Wouldn't it make more sense to go albino x albino and get 100% albino offspring.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry mate but what is halbino?

Lol I think that was meant to say normal.

Okay here's my question:
If just 1 pair of distantly related albino's were bought for breeding, are they suitable to be bred with each other for the rest of their breeding years? do they need to be outcrossed at all even tho they are distantly related?

Thanks Redfox, also I think people go hey x albino because its easier o eat started by saving 800 bucks on buying hey instead of albino.

Thanks Redfox, also I think people go hey x albino because its easier o eat started by saving 800 bucks on buying hey instead of albino.

And theres more of a chance u could hatch out a paradox, thats my goal when i first start breeding :)

Now that would be great a paradox!!!. I got my self a pair of 100%hets and a pair of albinos a few months ago they are just about a year old so couple of seasons at least before I even think about pairing them up but having the two males hopefully helps my success rate.

Aaaahhhh... I forgot about paradoxes. That would be awesome. Hmmm I guess you will be on the look out for some of blondies descendents then.

Me or BigBrad? im trying my luck with the phoenix line, nothing more exciting then trying to hatch out ur very own paradox :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back