Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
how can genes be varied? has cross breeding with womas been tried etc. womas have been crossed with carpets before or would the jag gene not affect the woma python?

Genes are always changing. Take blue eyes in humans, for example... Its been found recently that every single person in the world with blue eyes comes back from a single ancestor in eastern europe around 10,000 years ago where their brown eye gene just happened to mutate and stop working which caused blue eyes. Random mutations happen all the time. I think what he was referring to is that if you did it long enough maybe the gene might mutate into one that is more stable.

yes you do coastal jags and coastals...?

Depends if the first jags imported into australia were pure coastal jags. It also depends if the original coastal jag was a pure coastal. Although the sibs should at least look like coastals and I'm sure people would sell them as such and not mention that they are jag sibs.

Depends if the first jags imported into australia were pure coastal jags. It also depends if the original coastal jag was a pure coastal. Although the sibs should at least look like coastals and I'm sure people would sell them as such and not mention that they are jag sibs.
id agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back