Breeding Diamond with Coastal Carpet.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thank you all for your comments, got the reactions I thought I might. Mind is made up, will source another Diamond and wait for my female carpet to grow another year and breed her with my sons big male carpet. Was originally my sons idea so I thought I would do the research. Just out of curiosety, do not Diamonds and Carpets cross territories in the wild and mate in nature.

Check the thread regarding MD Carpets in the Bue mountains will give you an idea of their range and relationship to Carpet snakes (guess what, same snake). I think realistically with all the critters on the market chose very carefully whatever project you do.

Eastern and blotched blueys in the wild, used to find them along the Barwon river in geelong. Eastern and Gippsland water dragons. Most bearded subs will breed. . . I know the list goes on. . oh wait also stumpy cross blueys, seen a few of those. Adelaide museum used to have a live one (prob hiding it from the wildlife gestapo).
I hate when people talk about cross breeding and then can't even get species/sub-species classification right. Mainly referring to the lizard conversation.

Just out of curiosety, do not Diamonds and Carpets cross territories in the wild and mate in nature.
That's one highly fraught with error way to put it.

I hate when people talk about cross breeding and then can't even get species/sub-species classification right. Mainly referring to the lizard conversation. t.

I was a naughty boy. . . I will now fail biology class :(. 100 times on the board - Next time I will make sure I use my Genus, species and subspecies in a correct and factual manner

Diamonds are more different from carpets that just in patterning. Just because people say they're the same doesn't make it true, and to advocate crossbreeding with the argument "they're the same anyway" is just stupid.

Re OP, good on you for choosing not to. That diamond is too pretty to waste on a coastal like that ;):D

I love your Coastal..... I think she is gorgeous, you just havent shown her more photogenic side and need better light to show off her colour...... Uhhmm have I mentioned previously I am biased? lol Love my Coastals ;)

thats the joy of the debates,what gets thrown up for and against,lol

there all the same snake,yet u cant keep diamonds like carpets,lol

nothing against cross breeding but the market has been flooded. I have been chasing pure diamonds for SOOOO LONG! I would trade multiple jungles and womas for them! But cant find any!!! so my advice would be to breed pures my friend

nothing against cross breeding but the market has been flooded. I have been chasing pure diamonds for SOOOO LONG! I would trade multiple jungles and womas for them! But cant find any!!! so my advice would be to breed pures my friend

really! they are all ways for sale. I have even seen they have come down considerably. I paid $700 for one of mine now I see similar for $250

someone said on one of these threads that 99 percent of diamonds are diamond coastal crosses

if it was said on here isnt it gospel :p

Sure, pick a thread, pick a side, arm yourself and what ever you wish to fight for is Gospel. . . . just like the real world

Ok, first project, find and aquire a male Diamond. Have a pretty female coastal, just a little young for breeding untill next year. Thanks again for all the imput. and my suit was flame proof, not even a singe lol.

Last edited:
Reptiles are priced by demand axanthic, albinos, jaguar,GTPs ect = three to five figures, coastal x diamond = not worth the cost of the pinkies till they are feeding.
Expensive=sought after=fast sales
Diamond x coastal = not sought after=expect to babysit 20-40 hatchlings until you give them away at less than $50 each.

Just a note that will not be read by most because it is on page three, it is not illegal to cross breed in NSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back