breeding loan mix up.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As i said before to the lynch mob....... there are always two sides to every story.

I always say that there are two sides to every story and the third one is probably the truth.....;)

no names to be mentioned.

my dragon, which was entrusted as a breeding loan. has been sold off. what would your course of action be?

Depending on what has happend. I woulden't stop till I got my dragon back.Start with the loan guy and go from there. But I don't know the full story.

my point was i can understand why hes peed off, not everyone keeps beardies purely fro teh cuddles,....

Indeed. and scratch there little white tum tums :D
Edit , oh! sorry thought you said EVERYONE KEEPS DRAGONS FOR THE CUDDLES , haha
(I like there eyes... but I coulden't eat a whole one)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the person you "leant" it to try to contact you during the 6 months to let you know they didn't want it any more?if it was too young to breed did you give them In any money to care for it? Did it cost them any medical expenses?

Unless they tried to contact you for a long time then you should be able to get some money or your beardie back.

Exactly Fay. Sometimes even the fourth..

Some of us ALSO breed Chris, but OP's incubator wasn't exactly bursting at the hinges, and loan or no-loan; if someone is looking after your possessions, and you go off the radar for a while and then find out that your goods are now gone- at which point- on which day- does the statute of limitations cease to apply ?? In my younger years I was guilty of it myself, and paid a price.

But ask me now what the value of the loss was, and it isn't measured in monetary terms- it is measured in what I learnt from it.

If OP is back on his proverbial feet, then now is the time to rebuild, is it not... ?

spilt milk comes to mind..

I too understand the value of money- and am aware of the herp to which we are referring, and the lovely thing about money is that it allows one the luxury of purchasing things - but I also know that every note has a different serial number- so worrying about retrieving the lost ones is kinda silly when there are plenty of others with the same queen on them....

but swearing (even if to avoid the censors Chris) and diverting blame or responsibility is not going to make expensive beardies fall from the sky. But a good financial plan, a few personal goals, and remembering what it feels like to suffer a big loss, should be enough to start climbing the mountain again.

Things come, things go- but counting a loss when you could be focusing on the next GAIN is a waste of time.

And yeah I just love to dress my expensive beardies up in Barbie costumes and name them after princesses and talk to them like newborns...then cuddle them and stroke their pretty faces-

.......right before they copulate and start filling my incubator with hondo's.

See the difference is, I can make decisions and analysis based on common sense, regardless of any pretense.... and the fact you think I am just a cuddler means my judgements are not obviously coated in bling. That is a good thing.

Anyone got change for a Hundy ?$?$?$?$?$?$? ?

Yeah, it sucks that kirby lost one of his prize beardies- it hurts like hell....but the reality is he lost them WAY before his buddy sold them.

Well ive lernt a lesson about jumping to conclusions lol. How quick things change, kirby, you stuffed up!!
VERY wise words from weezer throught the thread, agree with ya 100% mate!

just looks like an average beardie, I have seen heaps that look the same as that....

Yeah it's a very pretty beardie. But i am looking at around 5-10 posters in this thread that have albums, websites, AVAILABLE STOCK, and incubators full of pretty beardies.

Bigger of a situation but not much can be done legally as it was a transaction legitamently recorded I'm sure

Thats looks like it has minimal colour and scale reduction
it would take many generations of line breeding that beardy to get a true leatherback

I think poor Kirby has learnt his lesson, his lost a dragon and been roasted on here for building up a 'breeding loan mix up' scenario that seems to be part his fault. It must have been hard for him to have to break up his collection in order to move, and obviously has regrets parting with that dragon. Lets hope he rebuilds his collection now his found his feet :)

Some of us ALSO breed Chris, but OP's incubator wasn't exactly bursting at the hinges, and loan or no-loan; if someone is looking after your possessions, and you go off the radar for a while and then find out that your goods are now gone- at which point- on which day- does the statute of limitations cease to apply ?? In my younger years I was guilty of it myself, and paid a price.

But ask me now what the value of the loss was, and it isn't measured in monetary terms- it is measured in what I learnt from it.

If OP is back on his proverbial feet, then now is the time to rebuild, is it not... ?

I too understand the value of money- and am aware of the herp to which we are referring, and the lovely thing about money is that it allows one the luxury of purchasing things - but I also know that every note has a different serial number- so worrying about retrieving the lost ones is kinda silly when there are plenty of others with the same queen on them....

but swearing (even if to avoid the censors Chris) and diverting blame or responsibility is not going to make expensive beardies fall from the sky. But a good financial plan, a few personal goals, and remembering what it feels like to suffer a big loss, should be enough to start climbing the mountain again.

Things come, things go- but counting a loss when you could be focusing on the next GAIN is a waste of time.

And yeah I just love to dress my expensive beardies up in Barbie costumes and name them after princesses and talk to them like newborns...then cuddle them and stroke their pretty faces-

See the difference is, I can make decisions and analysis based on common sense, regardless of any pretense.... and the fact you think I am just a cuddler means my judgements are not obviously coated in bling. That is a good thing.

Yeah, it sucks that kirby lost one of his prize beardies- it hurts like hell....but the reality is he lost them WAY before his buddy sold them.

wow, all that dribble to respond to 2 little sentences,..lol,..nice to see i havent lost my abilty to upset people! :)

btw wasnt referring to u being a cuddler, i dont know a thing about u!!!! :p

Could you go anymore off topic ??? good luck getting it back Kirby !

Has he bred any dragons or have eggs cooking atm? Perhaps you can make an arrangement with the current clutch. It won't get your dragon back but perhaps you could accept some compensation with what clutches or older ones he may still have.

the animal was only on his licence for 6 months or less. i would assume he has made alot of money out of this...

how would u he have made a lot of money out of this if you then go on to admit the dragon was to immature to breed from in this breeding loan. sounds like the bloke that sold this was trying to get some money out of it, after all the loses he would have had from taking care of it for so long.

cut your loses and move on kirby. good luck with rebuild, hope it works out well and you produce many nice ones in the future. maybe i could loan one, lol.

Strange isn't it...... a few holes appear in a story and the original poster disappears???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back