breeding loan mix up.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear you lost the Dragon Kirby, that just sux, Its bad enough you had to hand over your animal for some one to care for, while you are in a difficult situation, that must have been horrible in itself, but then not to have it returned is shocking. There are some decent people who have reptiles, just not that person, I hope it all sorts itself out in time for you

wow... this is an old thread.

There is one thing I wanted to bring up that no one thought of.
Because the animal has been sold now, did not mean Kirby wanted the animal back right now. He may have been checking up on how the loan out was doing only to find it had been sold. The breeding loan would very logically have been for a lot longer than 6 months especially if it was immature. Further more it is not at all inappropriate to send out an immature animal on a breeding loan. Payment for the care provided as a young animal would have been received from the animals progeny. Clearly the person in question thought this was a reasonable deal... as would I!!

In breeding dogs, if I am going on a co-ownership or doing a breeding loan I will very frequently send the dogs out as pups. No one expects the dog to reproduce as a pup!! :| The loans go for a period of many years in some cases.
At least in breeding loans and co-ownerships for dogs... it is typical to send them on as young animals before breeding is possible. Any expense in the keeping of the animal is normally made up for in two parts... the mere fact they have the animal and the publicity it may acquire... and the animals it will produce at a later date. They pay no initial outlay, pay for its care and often in the end either send the animal back with offspring, or send offspring back and have the animal signed over into their name.

I dont see any reason to condemn Kirby.... and the person with the loan animal would have known full well that he would not have wanted the animal moved on.

And a new mutation... as unexciting as some may view its appearance... is a big deal especially to someone who may not produce alot. I find some of these arguements terribly offensive and feel sorry for Kirby :( He was just seeking advice.

Kirby... I went through the same thing... my mother had to move house and the new house was taking a while to build... in the mean time she needed to rent. The rental people wouldnt allow her to have all her dogs at the property so her "friend" did her a deal. She would take them on a breeding loan, take care of them and have litters with them to repay any associated care costs and return them to her when she was in her new place. Four of them went to her on different basis... one was to stay with the lady in return for a pup. The other three were to be used for breeding for the 18month period and were to be returned with one extra pup.
Time came to have the dogs back and what happened... she wouldnt give them back. They had proven to be invaluable animals to her program. She said that my mum had simply given them to her out of the kindness of her heart. RIGHT! four dogs at $1000 each, just given away, I think not!

I find it hard to believe you would give a new leatherback mutation away out of the kindness of your heart either.

My parents had to take her to court. But its not a criminal matter... its a civil matter as there was an agreement.
So you cant go to the police. But if talking civily to them gets you no satisfaction... then you can do up a legal letter to send to them requesting your animal back or compensation. Give them a time period to contact you within and name the consequences of not complying with your request. If they do not comply, send another letter outlining your next course of action. If you are keen to have it back, then you may need to go to court.

Im sorry you had to go through this. I know there are two sides to every story... but... if this person knew this was a loan then they did the wrong thing. The legally accurate response to Kirbys disappearance would have been to send official letters in similar format to what I had just recommended to Kirby to do. The person would have needed to make a clear effort to get in contact with Kirby... and it would have been a few months without contact before the person could have reasonably moved the animal on.

Goodluck dude :)

i just dug this up as someone brought it up in a pm. to those saying it wasnt anything special, you must be very jealous. it was the beginnings of something specials.

This dragon was offered with a purchase of some other of my dragons. under the conditions either her, or some of her offspring would be returned in the event a breeding would occur, clearly still mine. unfortunately some thing went down hill, for both of us. he sold up and failed to tell me untill i found out off the new owner.

Im not a burning flame of anger, im upset and disapointed. i would apreceate an update on her... at least. i dont necessarily mind her being kept/bred? by the new owner, i would like some sort of recognition or at least an update or something.

the new owner never replied to any pm's. i bet she's having fun with the dragon.

(Please keep in mind i am posting this, PURELY as an update. dont start a warfare.

I find it hard to believe you would give a new leatherback mutation away out of the kindness of your heart either.

i was in a position where i had to sell/give away my entire collection. sadly. i put her into what i had considered and discussed as good, ethical, and responsible hands.

i dont blame him for moving her on, in his position, but i would have taken her back if he offered. i was just never told.

This dragon was offered with a purchase of some other of my dragons. under the conditions either her, or some of her offspring would be returned in the event a breeding would occur, clearly still mine.

He never bred it, so the condition was never met. While he probably should of let you know what was happening I don't think you can say it was clearly still yours.

Oops
*tries to close can of worms*
darn lid wont shut... :|

Kirby I understand, I didn't mean that to sound bad. My mother was also was stuck and thought the deal would benefit all parties. Unfortunately if things go bad one way or another in the mean time... then no one really benefits.

I was just sad that people would start to claim you were dodgy merely by talking themselves into it.

Anyway, soz for your loss.

i can drive to sydney to help with that i used to be a dept collector big bloke and always get what i want i think thats terible my wife is solicitor if need advice if they get nasty well then you will definatly need me regards mick

thats not cool but i would speak they get it replaced with one that is as good as you one they sold did u have it in writing on contact or just a verbal agreement? best way to keep track and make should u wont lose them

dont need witnesses so much. my mother got her dogs back based on emails sent back and forth. Civil matters arent like criminal matters... the judge doesnt need to have proof beyond reasonable doubt... it is common sense that tips the case in any particular persons favour. If there is email communication that shows the agreement between the two, that is enough. Of course the more proof you have the better. But if both parties walked into a court room with nothing but their own word... and kirby had sold a bunch of less significant animals to the same person and then that person claimed kirby gave him a more rare and exotic animal for nothing without any conditions... anyone with common sense would not believe that story. They are more inclined to believe that kirby gave him this animal on the condition he would get back offspring or have the animal returned after breeding is done.
Kirby has a very good case even if he didnt have evidence. *shrugs* I hope he gets something back and doesnt end up feeling guilted by the rest of the reptile community and the person he gave/loaned the animal to. His unfortunate circumstances are no excuse for someone else to take advantage. Though it is the person that sold the animal on him that should be held responsible. The person that bought the animal in the end is not to blame, they are also a victim. And I would understand their unwillingness to talk to kirby about it.

soz i didnt look at the dates i just read it after someone else posted and was at the top of the forum list

ha ha kitten Im sure he is joking ^_^ No one said anything about this being unacceptable to comment on and they would have closed it if it was off limits :)

yeah i'll learn not to pay much attention to some as some do not have respected for newbies to the site ...

sorry for asking but there was no answer about what happen i didnt mean to upset anyone but if you dont like it maybe you shouldnt comment

nah its just geck as i have heard about some people on here and how they treat some newbies. i was trying to show a lawful way about it but seeing this dose make me think not to do breeding loans unless under contact. i thought i upset one not you carpetpythongurl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back