Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RileysGeckos

Reaction score
Hay guys looking at getting a female for my smooth knob tail gecko nephrurus Levis.
just wondering can you like cross breed them between Levis Levis or or they both the same species and with piles and other ones.
cheer riley.

Breeding Subspecies of Nephrurus levis,pilbs or occi's is generally frowned upon by gecko breeders. You may be able to do it but doubt anyone in the gecko game will buy them.

Levis levis over levis pilb for example is the same as a bredli cross jungle

Okk but what I'm asking is a Levis Levis the same as a Levis or are people just shortening there name?

Usually it's just shortening the name because all are nephrurus levis but only one is levis levis. So yeah. Just do check with the seller if you're buying one because as Smithers said. Best not to cross breed.

Levis is the species name, that is then split into three subspecies, levis, pilbs and occi's.

So all levis levis are in the species complex of levis, but not all levis are levis levis if that makes sense.

Would it not be more like N. levis levis over N. wheeleri since bredli is Morelia bredli and a jungle is Morelia spilota cheynei

You might be right, although I would think N. levis levis over N. wheeleri would be more like M. viridis over M. spilota cheynei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back