Brown paper ok for Mac?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Davesgonefishin

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi snake lovers.
Getting my first snake (spotted python hatchling) which will be our households 2nd snake.
At work I have a huge roll of brown wrapping paper. Would this stuff be ok to use on the floor of his/her new enclosure? It's quite smooth though. Just think it looks better than newspaper or paper towel?
Let me know opinions on this please.
Thanks
Dave

Hi snake lovers.
Getting my first snake (spotted python hatchling) which will be our households 2nd snake.
At work I have a huge roll of brown wrapping paper. Would this stuff be ok to use on the floor of his/her new enclosure? It's quite smooth though. Just think it looks better than newspaper or paper towel?
Let me know opinions on this please.
Thanks
Dave

As long as it's clean, and hasn't been in contact with any chemicals at work, ie: bug sprays etc then it shouldn't be fine. We use "stone" pattern lino. We just take it out and give it a good clean, along with the fake grass. IMO it's totally up to you, and what you want for your enclosure.

I put newspaper under my fake grass as it absorbs spills from the water bowl and stuff so So if it's waxy you just need to think about any mess.

I hate the look of newspaper, but unfortunately after trying a million things its the most practical. Unless its that shiny stuff, it should be fine (as others have said)

Hmmmmm that's a good point Gruni. But then again Joyce's lino definitely isn't. Might grab a cup of water & give it a test. At this point I'm guessing it will be similar in absorbency as newspaper. Especially if I lay 2 or 3 layers down.
Its definitely clean paper as it is kept in a sterile environment.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh newspaper under some fake grass. That sounds like the plan. Thanks Gruni I'm gonna steal that 1.

I always use newspaper under my substrate, it's the last line of defense between wetness and my melamine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back