brown tree snakes?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallypod

Reaction score
hey I was look at getting a brown tree snake, some time in the future and was wondering if some one owners could tell me what they're like, eg are they good feeders, easy to keep, etc.

also can I keep them on my standard licence in qld.

cheers Damo

Last edited:
They can be a little bit flighty, and young ones can be difficult feeders on rodents. I had one for a number of years and would highly recommend one! Great animal to start with if you were ever eventually considering a basic step-up to elapids. The one that I did have had a tremendous temperment! Very nice animals indeed! :D

I own 8 atm , they are quite awesome snakes , some are easty to handle some you can't get near.All mine are great feeders on rats and mice , I brought a few as bad feeders but they have settled in well.

Sorry don't know of anyone selling any atm , most years a few people have captive bred hatchys for around $200 - $250
I think there are some adults for sale for around $300ish atm on some of the reptile sites... PM me if you need a link.

Cheers.

I have some and they are great snakes, mine handle well and eat fine. Mine don't like rodents waved in their faces though, just left (dead) in their enclosure. They usually only eat at night, and won't eat every time, but when they eat one I offer 3 or 4 more and they usually will eat most of them that I offer. They are fantastic snakes, though are easily stressed, which may lead to eating and temperment problems, very much a snake that may change temperment with a different enclosure / heating set up. I keep mine in a V70 rack and they thrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back