bulldogs!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
chopper (white) is a lil bull dog about 1,5 years
Bouncer (brown) neo x pitty but my heart was broken 3 months ago when town office had him put down for bitting someone:cry:

What was the situation when he bit the person?

whiteyluvsrum-
i had him out the front on a chain coz we get alot of stuff stolen up here someone walked into his area and yer

Probably wasn't wise to use your dog as a security system, as you found out the hard way. Feel sorry for the dog. If you want to keep your house secure, I would invest in a proper security system & not rely on your companion as it’s your responsibility to protect & keep your dog safe & secure.

whats the harness or whatever you call it that that dog is wearing, and why the scarring/wound-like marks around his face? Please explain what looks like a throat protector in the first pic. Why would he be wearing that?????

mwloco;1593260[/FONT said:
I get annoyed at the crap about them being ALL aggressive dogs. There are so many out there who are lovely. Its all in the training! And in saying that, some people TRAIN their dogs to be aggressive.

if they come from a bloodline that is known for its aggression, and they continually breed for aggression then you can train it till you are blue in the face and you won't win. and NO i'm not against pit bulls or any other "aggressive breed"...... i've had German shepards Dobermans and Rottweilers in my life, All marshmallows........

Was this dog used to fight or to hunt? He's not in good shape here

i'm with you, fighting or wild pig hunting would be my guess,

either way its animal cruelty ......................and a reportable offence mods ............

if they come from a bloodline that is known for its aggression, and they continually breed for aggression then you can train it till you are blue in the face and you won't win. and NO i'm not against pit bulls or any other "aggressive breed"...... i've had German shepards Dobermans and Rottweilers in my life, All marshmallows........

either way its animal cruelty ......................and a reportable offence mods ............

I'm with you Jax, it IS a reportable offence and anyone who can do this to a dog need to be reported.
I too have had many "aggressive breed' dogs and everyone including my Mastweiler now have been lambs with kids, other animals and adults. I can't condone any aggressive dog ownership as the poor dog suffers when he bites someone or attacks another animal.

Since when is using dogs in hunts a reportable offense? I know a few hunting dogs (used in pig hunts), and all those dogs are polite, well mannered animals, much more so than the average pet dogs that I have met.

chopper (white) is a lil bull dog about 1,5 years
Bouncer (brown) neo x pitty but my heart was broken 3 months ago when town office had him put down for bitting someone:cry:

What was the situation when he bit the person?

whiteyluvsrum-
i had him out the front on a chain coz we get alot of stuff stolen up here someone walked into his area and yer

Being 'out the front on a chain' and being used as a deterrent, he would be displaying the normal warning signs to the intruder, any intruder game enough to get near enough to be within striking distance is very determined .. either that or the dog came out of nowhere and took the intruder by surprise, Dogs are not destroyed for a single bite, it would have been investigated and deemed to be "a danger"

as far as a my comment regarding animal cruelty being a reportable offence, i was incorrect... i apologise to the mods and 'whiteyluvsrum' it would appear that the orgaisation responsible is somewhat of a toothless tiger,

to clarify the details, I found this on their website,
"Unfortunately, hunting of pigs with dogs is still a legal activity in some parts of Australia, including Queensland and New South Wales. This allows dogs to be used to flush out or locate feral pigs but they are not permitted to bring them down, however there is no evidence that this distinction is being enforced in either State."

whats the harness or whatever you call it that that dog is wearing, and why the scarring/wound-like marks around his face? Please explain what looks like a throat protector in the first pic. Why would he be wearing that?????

were these dogs used to fight ? Bouncer is not in good shape here. Those harnesses and throat protection look like fighting gear to me!!

I'm with you Jax, it IS a reportable offence and anyone who can do this to a dog need to be reported.
I too have had many "aggressive breed' dogs and everyone including my Mastweiler now have been lambs with kids, other animals and adults. I can't condone any aggressive dog ownership as the poor dog suffers when he bites someone or attacks another animal.

Being 'out the front on a chain' and being used as a deterrent, he would be displaying the normal warning signs to the intruder, any intruder game enough to get near enough to be within striking distance is very determined .. either that or the dog came out of nowhere and took the intruder by surprise, Dogs are not destroyed for a single bite, it would have been investigated and deemed to be "a danger"

as far as a my comment regarding animal cruelty being a reportable offence, i was incorrect... i apologise to the mods and 'whiteyluvsrum' it would appear that the orgaisation responsible is somewhat of a toothless tiger,

to clarify the details, I found this on their website,
"Unfortunately, hunting of pigs with dogs is still a legal activity in some parts of Australia, including Queensland and New South Wales. This allows dogs to be used to flush out or locate feral pigs but they are not permitted to bring them down, however there is no evidence that this distinction is being enforced in either State."

Wow you guys really are great examples of armchair experts. By your responses i'm assuming you have never been involved in a pig hunt yet you all seem to be an authority on the topic without even doing a tiny bit of research. Not all dogs are bred or used as pets, beleive it or not it is not illegal, it is not immoral and it is not cruel. If you ever went out dogging for any wild game you would see how much the dogs enjoy it and how well the majority of the dog owners care for and look after there dogs.

Jax atleast you eventually did some research, although i'm doubting the credibility of the website you cited as an authority on the matter considering the language used and the lack of a reference.

im kind of with waruikazi he does have a major point not all dogs are bred as pets or companions we used to own 3 or 4 pigging dogs none of which were aggressive at all unless u took there food away without them finishing
although some dogs may be kept in better conditions then others and treated better but it doesnt make them a trained killer

jax atleast you eventually did some research, although i'm doubting the credibility of the website you cited as an authority on the matter considering the language used and the lack of a reference.

rspca .............

Waruikazi, hozy6, NOT knowing is the reason I asked about the paraphernalia around the dogs, and what looked like a bloodied cheek on the brown dog.

I am not an 'armchair expert', nor any kind of authority on such things, because I choose to distance myself with any kind of possible harm to animals if it can be helped.

I am extremely fortunate enough to never have been exposed to blood sports, whether it be legal or not, and to see pictures like that is extremely alarming. I would guess that Jax and Cosmicwolf are in the same lucky positions to have never witnessed it too, and so I can understand their responses.

In fact, I'll come clean, I was ocncerned these dogs were being used for fighting, one bloodsport that IS illegal!

If theres any english bull dog breeders on this website could you please pm me :)

I believe this is the remainng text from the quote that Jax gave earlier:-

The RSPCA accepts that in some circumstances there is a need to control introduced animals such as feral pigs, but we firmly believe that any control measures used must be justified, effective and humane. This is not the case with hunting pigs with dogs. Recreational hunting of pigs does not have any significant effect in reducing the agricultural or environmental impacts of these animals. Pig hunters do not apply their activities in a coordinated manner nor do they target their efforts in ways that would reduce impacts.

Pigs hunted with dogs are chased, held down and may be attacked and wounded by the dogs before the hunter is able to dispatch the pig. This is especially likely where dogs are poorly trained or are not called off quickly after they have located the pig. This means that the pig has suffered considerable pain, suffering and distress prior to death. Accredited game hunters (professional game meat harvesters) have an incentive to ensure that the pig is not mauled or injured as the carcass would not be acceptable for processing. Recreational hunters have no such incentive or requirement for training or applying humane practices.

The dogs used for pig hunting are usually large mixed breed dogs that have been bred and trained by their owners specifically for this task. During a hunt they may be fitted with large leather collars and guards to try to reduce the liklehood of injury from the pig. Not only is the use of dogs cruel to the pigs themselves, it also places the dogs in danger of injury and death. Some hunters will treat injured dogs themselves by sewing up their wounds, rather than take them for appropriate veterinary treatment. In addition, pig dogs are frequently lost during hunting and can end up as stray/wild dogs causing stock losses to farmers.:-his is the rest of that reference Jax used

I believe this is the remainng text from the quote that Jax gave earlier:-

The RSPCA accepts that in some circumstances there is a need to control introduced animals such as feral pigs, but we firmly believe that any control measures used must be justified, effective and humane. This is not the case with hunting pigs with dogs. Recreational hunting of pigs does not have any significant effect in reducing the agricultural or environmental impacts of these animals. Pig hunters do not apply their activities in a coordinated manner nor do they target their efforts in ways that would reduce impacts.

Pigs hunted with dogs are chased, held down and may be attacked and wounded by the dogs before the hunter is able to dispatch the pig. This is especially likely where dogs are poorly trained or are not called off quickly after they have located the pig. This means that the pig has suffered considerable pain, suffering and distress prior to death. Accredited game hunters (professional game meat harvesters) have an incentive to ensure that the pig is not mauled or injured as the carcass would not be acceptable for processing. Recreational hunters have no such incentive or requirement for training or applying humane practices.

The dogs used for pig hunting are usually large mixed breed dogs that have been bred and trained by their owners specifically for this task. During a hunt they may be fitted with large leather collars and guards to try to reduce the liklehood of injury from the pig. Not only is the use of dogs cruel to the pigs themselves, it also places the dogs in danger of injury and death. Some hunters will treat injured dogs themselves by sewing up their wounds, rather than take them for appropriate veterinary treatment. In addition, pig dogs are frequently lost during hunting and can end up as stray/wild dogs causing stock losses to farmers.:-his is the rest of that reference Jax used

This is flat out wrong! Recreational hunting can and does have huge impacts on controlling numbers of introduced game in local areas. You can do this in any state you choose, go to a hunting reserve and have a lok around. Look for wallows, look for foot prints and look for the game themselves. Then go to a national park or an area of crown land where hunting is not permitted, compare the number of wallows, habitat destruction and other evidence of feral pests and then tell me wether or not recreational hunting has an impact on feral numbers.

Anyway, this thread isn't about hunting. If you don't like hunting nothing i say will change your mind. Just don't ruin it for those who do.

This is flat out wrong! Recreational hunting can and does have huge impacts on controlling numbers of introduced game in local areas. You can do this in any state you choose, go to a hunting reserve and have a lok around. Look for wallows, look for foot prints and look for the game themselves. Then go to a national park or an area of crown land where hunting is not permitted, compare the number of wallows, habitat destruction and other evidence of feral pests and then tell me wether or not recreational hunting has an impact on feral numbers.

Anyway, this thread isn't about hunting. If you don't like hunting nothing i say will change your mind. Just don't ruin it for those who do.

i believe that everyone has a choice in what they do some people like hunting some people dont were not saying these things dont happen when hunting but it isnt a regular occurence but that fact that people do hunt pigs if taught right the dog doesnt hurt the animal just takes it down without harm and then is killed which is getting rid of a pest i didnt start this thread to talk about hunting and the effects it had on animals i just wanted to see some other members bulldogs and have a yarn about them thats all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back