bulldogs!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How could I spoil it for those who do? Unless that is, they have a conscience and feelings for the animals that suffer?
I would that the observance from the quote would have been based on widespread research, not one persons local knowlwdge!
It was not my intention to spoil the thread, that was done by the person who posted what is to me, offensive photos of an animal obviously carrying injuries, and wearing harnesses etc that can be used in pig hunting and in dog fighting. I looked up for photos of dogs with this kind of harnessing on, to discern whether or not it was only used for one purpose or the two, and found some pretty horrific pictures of dogs that had been gored by pigs they hunt.
Please don't tell me people get pleasure from that, not when such pain can be inflicted.

Ethically, this sport is wrong, wrong, wrong. That is my opinion, and I believe we are intitled to that, and to voice them.

How could I spoil it for those who do? Unless that is, they have a conscience and feelings for the animals that suffer?
I would that the observance from the quote would have been based on widespread research, not one persons local knowlwdge!
It was not my intention to spoil the thread, that was done by the person who posted what is to me, offensive photos of an animal obviously carrying injuries, and wearing harnesses etc that can be used in pig hunting and in dog fighting. I looked up for photos of dogs with this kind of harnessing on, to discern whether or not it was only used for one purpose or the two, and found some pretty horrific pictures of dogs that had been gored by pigs they hunt.
Please don't tell me people get pleasure from that, not when such pain can be inflicted.

Ethically, this sport is wrong, wrong, wrong. That is my opinion, and I believe we are intitled to that, and to voice them.

but again that isnt always the case when it comes to these types of sports in most of those cases people have taken there dogs with very little or no training to take these pigs down and they have been killed that isnt the fault of the animal its not the sport that is wrong its the average joe who thinks they can take any dog out to catch a pig when they cant but i can never say it is totally wrong and bad when u have only read about the bad stuff and what things happen to the animals u only have one side to this u would have a point if uve been and seen it infront of ur eyes and then said it is totally inhumane when really its not no one goes up in arms when a cat kills a snake the cat culd of been killed but it also killed an animal in a painful way but the only difference is its not a sport

Ur right, how dare she post pictures of her dogs. I can't beleive she would do such a thing.

It's not sport, it's hunting.

and now all i'm gonna say is whatever!

hozy6, and waruikazi, it may be worth noting, I have never seen bullfighting, nor fox hunting, bear-baiting nor cockerel fighting and I am so very glad I havent, I am also dead set against that too....... it is a bloodsport, and as unnecessary as any other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yet another APS thread turned from show us pictures of your dogs into something else !!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

and to finish, and get back to the original intention of the thread, if you read my first post i here, the breed itself, I have nothing against, some of them are lovely animals and wouldn't hurt a fly, I have a dog that some have mentioned they wouldn't come near, he is the one who is afraid of thunderstorms. And hozy6, your dog, as I said, look like Bodger in The Incredible journey.

I love dogs, just not what people train some of them for to make up for the shortcomings of their own masculinity!

and to finish, and get back to the original intention of the thread, if you read my first post i here, the breed itself, I have nothing against, some of them are lovely animals and wouldn't hurt a fly, I have a dog that some have mentioned they wouldn't come near, he is the one who is afraid of thunderstorms. And hozy6, your dog, as I said, look like Bodger in The Incredible journey.

I love dogs, just not what people train some of them for to make up for the shortcomings of their own masculinity!

You do realise that the person who got your knickers in a twist by posting pictures of her dogs that were used for hunting is a girl right? Hunting isn't just for boys so you can swallow your masculinity and your dig at men and lose your sexist attitude that girls can't hunt because they can and are good at it.

ohk well back to the original meaning of this thread to talk bout bulldogs and any other dog a member wants to post up ive only ever owned bullys rotwielers german sheppards husky and staffys

Okay, you asked for it hozy!!! Here is a prime example of a dog which is an English Mastiff crossed with a Shepherd!!!!! He LET my grandkids do this to him, the big wuz!!

Attachments

• 3 089.jpg
    3 089.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 3 087.jpg
    3 087.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 47
Okay, you asked for it hozy!!! Here is a prime example of a dog which is an English Mastiff crossed with a Shepherd!!!!! He LET my grandkids do this to him, the big wuz!!

lol big softy my dog is similar he lets my neice ride him till he gets tired and lays down

[video=youtube;pFh9x2NZdF8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFh9x2NZdF8[/video]

pig hunting

Pig hunting is inhumane and barbaric. It is NOT a sport for either the dog or the pig. The pig is in agony before it's killed, the dog runs a great risk of being hurt or killed.
I realise they are a pest and have to be controlled, but there are better ways of doing it than stabbing them after they have been run down and tortured by dogs.
I really don't wish to start an argument, this is my opinion, I don't see this as any different to other blood 'sports' which have been banned for the cruelty involved.
Also I have seen these happen in the flesh, also seen roo dogs ripped apart, seen the after effects of pit bull fights. The carnage is unbelievable and not something I ever wish to witness again

you can't surgar coat it.

It is, what it is. HUNTING

The dogs are trained to trail & hold the pig till the hunter sticks it.

That’s what all original dogs where bred to do, a specific task like guarding, herding, carting, retrieving, tracking, pointing, hunting & fighting.

Look at any wild animal hunting & killing its prey eg. lions, sharks, reptiles. There's no perfect, painless way of killing there prey. If ya don't like it, bury ya head deeper in the sand because it's life, nature, the real world & it's never going to change.

you can't surgar coat it.

It is, what it is. HUNTING

The dogs are trained to trail & hold the pig till the hunter sticks it.

That’s what all original dogs where bred to do, a specific task like guarding, herding, carting, retrieving, tracking, pointing, hunting & fighting.

Look at any wild animal hunting & killing its prey eg. lions, sharks, reptiles. There's no perfect, painless way of killing there prey. If ya don't like it, bury ya head deeper in the sand because it's life, nature, the real world & it's never going to change.

There's so much wrong with what you just said.

What they were ORIGINALLY bred to do, yes. Times have changed, and honestly I don't see the need for the use of a dog in pig hunting. You also can't compare them to pointers, retrievers, etc as those dogs are not in danger of being torn to shreds by a wild pig.

There are other ways to bring out the natural instinct of any dog if that is your wish, without actually resorting to putting the animals life at risk. Do you condone pit fighting then? That's what they were originally bred to do?

If you believe things should be left so natural, I figure you live feed your reptiles? Wait, you better surrender them back to the wild aswell. Anyway last post here, I just wanted to give my opinion but don't want to ruin the thread, I like seeing peoples dogs.

Not big on the pastime of hunting pigs with dogs myself, been out a few times but i perfer to just hunt them and shoot them in the heart, nice and quick.
That being said, if you want to risk your dogs and stab pigs thats your choice.
I tell you, the ham and bacon in the supermarket comes from pigs that have never known the freedom of the outdoors, they live their entire lives in terrible conditions.
These are the animals you should be jumping up and down about.
The feral pigs that live a good life, are located, are held, snout, ear and tail by the dogs, the "hunter' then finishes the job.
Not really advisable for youtube but ..meh
Id perfer to be a wild pig than a captive one anyday.
Oh yeah, here is a pic of Rebel, a dingo x bull terrier, and the best hunting dog i have ever had.
We were responible for heaps foxes,cats, bunnies and hares.
Silly bugger ran infront of a truck.
rebel.jpg

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong it what I said, it's just the truth. The times haven't changed at all, inhumane and barbaric acts have always been here & are still here & never will cease because we are what we are.
HUMANS
We are just one of many thousands of animals that are barbaric, we are worst because we don't even need a reason to kill something.

The deep & meaningful point I was trying to put across is it doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks. Because it won’t change anything. It's in our nature, human nature. We have been killing ourselves & everything for thousands of years ever since we have existed. It doesn't matter for what purpose it is for, we are just lean, mean, killing machines.

For every one person that thinks like you, there are three more that think like me and three more actually doing it.

It's easier to use a dog to catch a pig than to do it yourself. Obviously the bunny huggers have never tried to chase after a pig, bite its ear untill someone catches up to shove a blade into its throat. Dogs are cheap compared to buying humans to use for pigging too. So what if a dog gets torn to shreds? Plenty more getting bred to replace the ones that get hacked to bits. Has anyone bought a child trained to lug pigs before? They are bloody expensive.

Be happy.

It's easier to use a dog to catch a pig than to do it yourself. Obviously the bunny huggers have never tried to chase after a pig, bite its ear untill someone catches up to shove a blade into its throat. Dogs are cheap compared to buying humans to use for pigging too. So what if a dog gets torn to shreds? Plenty more getting bred to replace the ones that get hacked to bits. Has anyone bought a child trained to lug pigs before? They are bloody expensive.

Be happy.
i hope this is some sick excuse for sarcasm.. im all for hunting and keeping dogs...im about to buy myself an amstaff...but what u said is just ridiculous..."who cares if a dog gets torn to shreds" u got to be sh**ting me.

i feel there are certain members of this forum that always seem to voice there opinions regardless of how of the mark they really are and with little to no regard to the other forum members and continueally get away with it

Ur right, how dare she post pictures of her dogs. I can't beleive she would do such a thing.

It's not sport, it's hunting.

and now all i'm gonna say is whatever!

You do realise that the person who got your knickers in a twist by posting pictures of her dogs that were used for hunting is a girl right? Hunting isn't just for boys so you can swallow your masculinity and your dig at men and lose your sexist attitude that girls can't hunt because they can and are good at it.

What happened to you just saying "whatever"?
You seem to always need to have the last word with little respect for others opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back