cage heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

antaresia_boy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to all this, and I am about to get my first snake (7 month old childrens). I am using a heat mat for the heat source, instead of lights. will this need a probe thermostat? or will a wall thermostat do? any other things i will need if using a heat mat?

You will need a probe thermostat, so the probe can be placed near the heat pad thus giving you accurate control of the temperature of the actual heat pad. A wall thermostat will only measure the temperature of the air wherever it is placed which for example might be 26 degrees, meanwhile your heat pad could be sitting at 50 degrees.

As Mr B. said. Invest in a good probe thermostat and a digital dual probe thermometer. Place the probe from the thermostat and one probe from the thermometer over the heat mat and tune the thermostat to the temperature reading the thermometer gives. The other probe from the thermometer can read the cool end temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back