calling all mums and or dads

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one for ya Stimmie :lol: (if I managed to attach it correctly)

Attachments

• parenting.jpg
    parenting.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 15
I've been a father for a whole 15 days now and my sleep patterns have gone haywire. Whilst mum may do all the feeds i find that the bub will settle down a hell of a lot quicker after if i take her after feeds and get her ready to sleep so i end up waking up when ever a feed has finished and mum goes back to sleep. Being on holidays has made it bearable but it will definately be interesting going back to work next week.

Awww an involved daddy, thats so good. My daughters dad is like that too. Keep it up! :)

er you better check that as the sperm is has (x) and (y) chromasones and the egg is an (x) if a (X)gets in the embryo is then (XX)girl! or if a (y) gets in its a (XY)male. its all about timing with the ovulation. on who gets to the egg first.

and it has been a thing pasted down through the generations i met one lady who tried with their first 2 kids nearly 40 years ago after that they had 2 sneaky ones.
no one can garantee that you'll get the sex your hoping for as there are plenty of other factors like ur hormone levels and the sperm can have lots of just one cromo'.
but yes we let natural selection have its way up until this kid.
and we love all our reguardless of sex.
but we have freinds who are all alive (the youngest of these is mid 40s) because dad wanted a boy. he had 9 girls, they used natural selection! it drove him to drink! lol haha.
but if u only can afford 2 kids why not try 4 both just dont get ur heart set on it!!!
lovem lots reguardless........they choose ur nursing home!!!! lol!!!

thats so true i couldnt of said it better myself
and congrats stimmie you will be fine :)

lol good luck, im a dad tell ya what me boy keeps me on my feet =)

my world but..

One other thing i'll add is that if you have private health insurance and plan on using it for the birth make sure you find out exactly what your plan covers. As it turned out for us Erin (mum) has insurance with NIB which she was told covered child birth but all it ended up being was the obstetrician of our choice in a public hospital and would have left us a couple of grand out of pocket. Needless to say we went public and didn't have to pay anything.

Ben

As a mum of 2 little boys (2 1/2 & 1) i remember clearly the before kids days, my biggest advice is take every day 1 at a time, enjoy EVERY day, be involved in everything you can, pregnacy is a miracle, enjoy it! the kicks and daily changes are special and i remember wanting my hubby to be more involved, once bub has arrived ignore the dishes and dust, enjoy every day and take 00's of pics, the first smile is precious!!! and the biggest saviour to our sanity was a bottle of Gripe Water (bought from Coles) given to us by a mate, it soothed an uncomfortable upset baby at any time of day or night and a happy soothed sleeping baby has a happy mummy!!!!
Best of Luck and remember practice make perfect,!!!
we look forward to seeing some scan pics in the near future

do you say 8 years because he's from newcastle?

hey mate where did you find that post ive looked and cant find unless mods deleted or he edited the post

Brissyboy, you care to explain what that means? and what you are getting at?

Its on the first page 2nd from the bottom, if you click on the little green square with the arrows in the quote it takes you to the original post

Hey Stimmie, I personally didn't think there was anything being implied?

I think Brissboy was just saying read to your child - anything (because even tiny babies respond to your voice) so it could be the newspaper, the back of a cereal box....babies are sometimes just soothed by your voice, and of course, if its a newspaper, they are not going to understand that....
I used to talk to my babies and tell them everything about what I was doing - you know 'mummy is going to put this here and go and do blah blah, and then we will give you a bath...' they didn't have a clue, but I believe it helps with language development :D

ah ok, nearly sounded like somthing was being implied with the comments yea my kid will be getting born at gold coast hospital :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back