can i house frogs with geckos?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gecko-mad

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
can i house frogs with geckos? ive got 1 spotted grass frog and 1 common froglet and then ive got 3 southern marbled geckos. im looking at ways i can get more space. my answer is no but i dont think the geckos will try to eat them as the froglet is the same size as their heads! but i also dont think that will stop them!

I am not familiar with spotted grass frogs but if they are similar in size and temperament to GTFs they might eat the gechos. If they are a smaller southern frog it shouldn't be an issue as marbled geckos are insectivorous.

There different species of animal , they shouldnt be crammed into one enclosure. If people cant afford to pay for more tanks, or dont have room for them , stop getting pets! Is the natural habitat for these species even the same?

ive found both the frogs and the geckos in my backyard before so looked around for some. the ones ive seen in the wild where at the pond in my backyard so i made the tanks look like that. even though the geckos and frogs arent even from adelaide they love the setup so i dont see much harm in it.

I find lizards and snakes in my backyard, but they still eat each other...

They may be found in the same environment, but this doesn't mean they will get along. Is there any issues of different temps and humidity? Any infections or diseases they can transfer?

i found a brown snake outside a few weeks ago, well bob360 did and we didnt like the idea of no more lizards so we disposed of him. plus as stated above southern marbleds are insectivorous. my friend housed a hatchling southern marbled gecko with a full grown brown tree frog. no problem.

i found a brown snake outside a few weeks ago, well bob360 did and we didnt like the idea of no more lizards so we disposed of him. plus as stated above southern marbleds are insectivorous. my friend housed a hatchling southern marbled gecko with a full grown brown tree frog. no problem.

Disposed of him? i hope you mean re-located him? It doesn't matter what some other people do. Some people could house things together and have no problem, but what about if you have problems, want to risk it?

i moved him to the fence with holes in it, the one that seperates our backyard and the neighbours:)! i wouldnt dare kill an animal on purpose! except when feeding mine. and i just might risk it.... on accident :)

where are u and ur friend getting all these marbled geckos from...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back