can i house frogs with geckos?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disposed of him? i hope you mean re-located him? It doesn't matter what some other people do. Some people could house things together and have no problem, but what about if you have problems, want to risk it?

stop havn a go at him mate his 12 years old.

Bud they may co exist but they is always the possibility that one may eat the other. my cz had a leaftait in a bucket at the enf of the bedd and a beardie on the bed the beardie spotted it jumped in the bucket and ate a full grown leaf tail. all i am saying is do you realy want to risk your animals being gone??

stop havn a go at him mate his 12 years old.

Bud they may co exist but they is always the possibility that one may eat the other. my cz had a leaftait in a bucket at the enf of the bedd and a beardie on the bed the beardie spotted it jumped in the bucket and ate a full grown leaf tail. all i am saying is do you realy want to risk your animals being gone??

Thats just my opinion! Im sure he can handle some criticism. Being twelve isn't an excuse for being ignorant! Everyone has said not to put them together, but he said he will anyway, my concern is for his animals I don't want anything to happen to them. Goodluck with your decision, hope it works out.

Just wondered how Gecko-mad disposed of the brown snake? Surely you didnt kill it?

Even zoos now are starting to house different species of animals together,its more natural and as long as they arent predators of each other or used to different living conditions i would do it.In Darwin i noticed frogs and geckos climbing up the windows of the house we stayed in,they seemed happy enough together.

Even zoos now are starting to house different species of animals together,its more natural and as long as they arent predators of each other or used to different living conditions i would do it.In Darwin i noticed frogs and geckos climbing up the windows of the house we stayed in,they seemed happy enough together.

certain species are housed together , but by zoo's. These people are experts and know if a certain species can be put together. Geckoes and frogs may live together, but if it was me i would keep them apart. Just in case

Also, have you seen the size of the enclosures that zoos house more than one spp together in? alot more than im sure gecko-mad can provide seeing as the reason he wants to do it is to save space.

i dont think its a good idea gecko-mad. the frogs will need to be kept either in a wet or very moist environment, where the geckos wont like this, more suited to a dryer enclosure. as someone said above, they are both small spp and can be housed in small species specific cages.

me and my friend have found in the wild but bought from the internet. you cant take any native animal from the wild and you dont need a licence to keep marbleds. if i housed them together they would be in a 2,3 or 4 ft tank and my other another of my friends is having 2 for breeding purposes. And yes im 12 but i could still know more about geckos than any of you! not saying im better though.

gecko-mad, you asked a question, was given advice not to house them together, and you're still set on housing them together? You're twelve, and you know everything, right? Having younger people on this site is great, as long as they don't have the attitude that you have (eg. " And yes im 12 but i could still know more about geckos than any of you!" :rolleyes:).

You know best, so house them together. Just don't come back and whinge if something goes wrong.

once again, southern marbleds are insectivorous and i wont have the common froglet in because he is so small and theres a huge risk but for the spotted gras frog hes bigger than the gekos heads. a much smaller risk. if they are housed together its the smallest gecko and the biggest frog not much risk.

gecko-mad, you asked a question, was given advice not to house them together, and you're still set on housing them together? You're twelve, and you know everything, right? Having younger people on this site is great, as long as they don't have the attitude that you have (eg. " And yes im 12 but i could still know more about geckos than any of you!" :rolleyes:).

You know best, so house them together. Just don't come back and whinge if something goes wrong.

Summed it up nicely !!!

How do you know it won't eat the gecko? I've seen eat frogs eat mice, lizards and even one eating a snake. In addition, are you thinking of the habitual needs of each species? As Jay pointed out earlier, frogs and geckos have very different needs! Odds are you'd give your gecko a respiratory infection.

How do you know it won't eat the gecko? I've seen eat frogs eat mice, lizards and even one eating a snake. In addition, are you thinking of the habitual needs of each species? As Jay pointed out earlier, frogs and geckos have very different needs! Odds are you'd give your gecko a respiratory infection.

I would be more woried about the gecko's eating the frogs at this stage, most of my geckos will eat ANYTHING that moves or will at leat try too even if it is too big for its mouth! , but then i would be worried about the frog eating the geckos when it gets larger as they are prolific eaters and eat for the sake of eating ! but really each speices should be housed seperately , i know that people say the zoo does it but they have huge enclosures and a lot of time and reasearch has gone into what species can be housed together!

ive found both the frogs and the geckos in my backyard before so looked around for some. the ones ive seen in the wild where at the pond in my backyard so i made the tanks look like that. even though the geckos and frogs arent even from adelaide they love the setup so i dont see much harm in it.

once again, southern marbleds are insectivorous and i wont have the common froglet in because he is so small and theres a huge risk but for the spotted gras frog hes bigger than the gekos heads. a much smaller risk. if they are housed together its the smallest gecko and the biggest frog not much risk.
and the frog wont eat the gecko

Honestly, you need to pick a better attitude before people stop offering advice. I did read your posts. There is a big difference between the wild, and your enclosure. The animals can escape each other outside, they cannot in a glass tank.

You're obviously very intent on housing together. So do so. You're choosing not to listen to people who have more experience then you. There's no point in even continuing this thread.

Have fun with you're animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back