can i house frogs with geckos?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont no if u saw my reply to ur post in the id this skink thread
but if u are keeping animals from the wild with ur friend it is illegal im not having a go at u i have just read the part u said about the skink u have that u think is a garden skink? i wasnt sure if that ment u have them in ur yard it sounded alot more like u have one in a tank thats all, everyone is on aps to learn so i thought id let u no so u dont get in trouble

anyway where did u buy ur geckos from? i have been wanting to buy some myself in adel but not seen many avail lately

lana :)

notechistiger is correct its the same as putting a live mouse in with a snake....
its not the wild, and they arnt use to each other in a small space

these geckos u have and frogs u have are captive bred? so therefor they wont be use to each other like they would be in the wild...

thats a great point, but they always have some chace of escape, especially if there in a big tank.

Not really, in an enclosure they are confined together, out in the wild they have a much larger area for each other to escape.

Out in the wild there is a chance they may never see each other again, in a captive situation, its almost inevitable that they will meet again.

i dont no if u saw my reply to ur post in the id this skink thread
but if u are keeping animals from the wild with ur friend it is illegal im not having a go at u i have just read the part u said about the skink u have that u think is a garden skink? i wasnt sure if that ment u have them in ur yard it sounded alot more like u have one in a tank thats all, everyone is on aps to learn so i thought id let u no so u dont get in trouble

anyway where did u buy ur geckos from? i have been wanting to buy some myself in adel but not seen many avail lately

lana :)
i got all my lizards from Search AHC | ReptilesDownUnder.com this question is asked to me alot!.and if you want i can sell you a male marbled.

Not really, in an enclosure they are confined together, out in the wild they have a much larger area for each other to escape.

Out in the wild there is a chance they may never see each other again, in a captive situation, its almost inevitable that they will meet again.
if you want i can still save space by putting in a separater.

Putting in a separator is not the same as housing them together. If they are separated, they have no chance of contacting each other.

thats true. cant remember her but she apparantly got from a store. i didnt think any reptile stores had marbleds.

yea no stores have really been stocking gex lately... what about ur mate who did he get his from?

If you want to save space why dont you try and build a rack system that can hold all of you tanks and instead of floor space they will be going up! Thats what i want to do

Even if they a found in one spot in the wild E.g a pond, it doesn't mean they live there permanently, the geckoes may only visit there to drink water, and spend most of there time in a dryer place.

They may not eat each other but if they feel threatened they may still attack. Just like if you put a live rat in a snake cage, if the snake doesn't eat it the rat, the rat can then attack the snake. Do you think the rat is trying to eat the larger snake or just trying to defend itself? this is the same principal for geckoes and frogs! Don't be so ignorant and Immature...
You asked what everyone thought and atleast 90% say no , then why do it? think of what is best for your animals

Even if they a found in one spot in the wild E.g a pond, it doesn't mean they live there permanently, the geckoes may only visit there to drink water, and spend most of there time in a dryer place.

They may not eat each other but if they feel threatened they may still attack. Just like if you put a live rat in a snake cage, if the snake doesn't eat it the rat, the rat can then attack the snake. Do you think the rat is trying to eat the larger snake or just trying to defend itself? this is the same principal for geckoes and frogs! Don't be so ignorant and Immature...
You asked what everyone thought and atleast 90% say no , then why do it? think of what is best for your animals

If you want to save space why dont you try and build a rack system that can hold all of you tanks and instead of floor space they will be going up! Thats what i want to do

the pond has a dry area aswell and the geckoes are on the halfway point of dry/wet.

and i have one side of my wall being turned into a ''herp wall'' wich i have posted on a thread called herp wall

the pond has a dry area aswell and the geckoes are on the halfway point of dry/wet.

and i have one side of my wall being turned into a ''herp wall'' wich i have posted on a thread called herp wall

how would you get one side of a tank dry and the other wet and humid. if you making a herp wall for reptile just use the room you have to house seperate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back