Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Size wise is the same as any other coastal but seems to retain their colours into adult hood. The deep oranges that is!
I also forgot to add, I find Adult Cape Yorks to develop big boofy heads, another classic trait.
Dan

Last edited:
When I lived in the NT all I did for housing my Capies were, kept them in mesh and pine enclosures, my cape York jungles where kept in the lounge room with a heat lamp and cage, cage's had the height and a lot of ledges and branches to clime on they rarely sleep on the ground of the enclosures. My Cape York Carpets were kept in long enclosures they rarely clime all that much and spend more time in the hide then out on show. my Cape York Carpets are aggressive and massive now, my female is 8 years old and 9ft + and my male is 10 years and 8.5ft and very angry also. I almost lost my finger from my female cape York jungle when she was a yearling and then got tagged 4 time in a row when I had to beg her when moving from Darwin. she's very snappy, like a jungle in nature and has the voodoo markings and personality. my male is the same.

I'd say yours looks more like that cape york carpet python and only a yearlingif you handle it once twice a week then when its big it should be tame enough to handle. my female cape York carpet was ok to handle until 2008 when I first got eggs from her now she hates me.

and its Morelia Spilota Mcdowelli

Pic of my Cape York Carpets
female and male
after pre lay 14th October 2011.jpgSire - Arkillis after shed.jpg,

Cape York jungles
female and male
20110222_10.jpgDSCF6721.jpg

I live in Weipa in Cape York and am waiting on my new 12mth old Cape York Jungle Carpet" from Snake Ranch who'll arrive in about a week or two. Anyone have experience buying from them?

Also, I have several enclosures suitable but not sure which to set up - long ways or tall? I've read way too many posts saying yes they like climbing and others that say no not great climbers. My 6ft bredli loves climbing on her logs exploring every facet of her viv.

Temps in Weipa are regularly high 30s but she'll be in aircon most days so I was thinking id set up enclosure same as my bredli with basking lamp over one end with hide and put another hide at cool end as well with big water dish up cooler end and log diagonally placed and vines/plants to explore and hide.

Question- where do I put her first?
Choice 1: click clack
Choice 2: URS terrarium medium with rock wall background, hide and logs.
Choice 3: adult 6ft wooden/ clear acrylic front full setup tall or long?

I use recycled cat litter as substrate for all my reptiles- that should be ok right?

All advice and recommendations willingly accepted! Thanks
Cass

- - - Updated - - -

Any ideas for a cool name for her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back