Captive snakes and dogs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Bull Arab HATES my MD.. She's only seen him a couple of times from a distance, but she backs right up growling and baring her teeth! She's never been like that with anything or anyone before, it's almost like an instinctual reaction, because she'd never seen a snake before!

My dogs and snakes pretty much ignore each other.
DSC03211.jpg

my neo girl always checks mine out through the glass but wouldn't trust her as she is still a bounding 18mth old pup.she gives me that ohh your playing with them instead of me look when i have them out. The other week I heard her bark so went out to find a BTS climbing onto her bed Glad she didnt attack it So not that keen on her befriending my pythons just for the reason that it could desensitive her with wild snakes. there is a RRB that lives in the vicinity I've been told not had the pleasure of seeing it yet but.Always looking Hoping

I have a siberian husky and my big darwin 2.7 mtrs love one another if i take her out the front yard and put her down she will ignore me and go straight jasper the bloody dog

My old shepherd Tigga was always curious of the snakes. And I always trusted that he wouldn't hurt them.
P1080942.jpg

However, my new fella, Asher is afraid of them so I would never push him in case he becomes defensive
001-1.jpg

Attachments

• P1020792.JPG
    P1020792.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 38
  • P1020337.JPG
    P1020337.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back