Car thread

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kawasakirider

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just thought I'd put up a thread for the car enthusiasts among us... I'm sure there are some.

I have been into motocross and cars for ages, when I first got my P's I did an engine conversion on my EA and put a 2003 XR6 engine in it. A mate and I had to change every loom in the whole car, cut and weld the subframe and change the engine from coil pack to distributor. It was a fun project but I got over it. I realise there's no point in dropping cash on cars on your P plates.

Next year I get off my P's, so around January I'll be hunting for an R34 GT-T. I'm considering getting a deferred loan, but it's kind of stupid because the interest accumulates from the time you withdraw it.

Anyway, post up some pics of your cars, list of mods, rwkw and all the problems that undoubtebly come along when you mod a car.

Here's a vid of me doing my bit lol
[video=youtube;jYHg68hdCM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYHg68hdCM8[/video]

Cars are my life. I love them but hate them at the same time. But can never put the tools down.
Currently I have my babe which is a VS clubsport which I've super charged converted to a t56 with all the usual brake, diff and exhaust upgrades pushing over 250rwkw.

My newest toy is a GE sigma. Original 57,000 kms. Building it to be complete sleeper. It's got white venetians. Getting a granny visor for it and white walls. Getting a 4g54 built for it. And will be injected turbo setup. Aiming for about 220rwkw. Which isn't huge but the car weighs 950kg so it's gonna be a weapon. Will post some pics when I get home from work

Use to be into cars, but got over it fairly quickly, just got sick of sinking money into them without getting anything back.

First car was an R31 with an RB25/30 engine, T78 Turbo, 3inch straight through exhaust etc did 200rwkw on 10psi until big end bearing went walkabouts through the engine.

Then last year was running around in a Proton GTi, stripped interior, only had front seats and Stereo was quite good through the corners.

Now just have a 07 VE Berlina, doubt I’ll do anything with it, costs enough as it is to run lol

Hi Guys,

This is my 1969 Valiant, I`ve spent too much on this, and still going.
It has a 318 hemi, and I have just done some work to the heads, lumpy cam.

attachment.php
I have a few more pics in my profile, but I cant up load them ( work computer )

Last edited:
This is a great thread! On the make-up forum I'm on I tried to start one... let's just say I saw lots of photos of barina's haha.

I have a VE SSV, love it to bits. ATM it's stock except for some cosmetic things (wheels, tint, number plates etc); have big plans for it but finding the money is hard! Extractors, mafless tune, cold air intake - the usual. & If i ever have a spare 10g a cam upgrade hahah. Oh I can dream! I do love the interior in it the most, orange & black leather. I'd put pics up but I'm on work computer (on APS AGAIN at work! so bad!) plus I'm sure everyones seen enough commodores to know what it looks like LOL.

Braidotti nice valiant, oh how I enjoy a white interior! I bet it would sound mint :)

Cars are my life. I love them but hate them at the same time. But can never put the tools down.
Currently I have my babe which is a VS clubsport which I've super charged converted to a t56 with all the usual brake, diff and exhaust upgrades pushing over 250rwkw.

My newest toy is a GE sigma. Original 57,000 kms. Building it to be complete sleeper. It's got white venetians. Getting a granny visor for it and white walls. Getting a 4g54 built for it. And will be injected turbo setup. Aiming for about 220rwkw. Which isn't huge but the car weighs 950kg so it's gonna be a weapon. Will post some pics when I get home from work

Lol, does the t56 have different ratios to the t5 or is it just an additional 6th gear and they are built tougher? I thought sigmas were fwd! 250rwkw in a boat like a vs or a falcon is funny as. Can you get all the power to the ground if you want or does it just lay rubber everywhere? What's the 1/4 time like? Sweet car man.

Good stories everyone else, put some more pics up!!

Yeah mate t56 is completely different ratios and much stronger. The old t5s are nuggets. No sigmas are RWD I would never own a FWD

I don't like T5's either. Well, for a normal P plate application they are OK, but even then sometimes it's too much.

My mate has an XH ute (natro) and it's got paceys, high flow cat, exhaust, CAI, haltech computer and a tune and it puts out 200hp at the wheels. It's the fastest P plate car I've driven, will brake traction in third in the dry at over 90. But the flywheel bolts keep coming undone, no matter how tight they do them up, OR if they do them up to the proper torque specs. He's resorted to tack welding them once they are done up just to stop them from moving. Also he's lunched 3rd gear a couple of times drifting at powercruise. But it's understandable because 3rd gear isn't really meant for load bearing. I guess these problems are non existant with the t56, people use them in a lot of high power applications. They're like 3k for the box, aren't they?

I had no idea about the sigmas. My grandfather had an old wagon and I just assumed it was FWD like the magnas. Not into mitsubishis much, except the Evo... But then I still don't like AWD, that's why I don't want a GTR (as well as the price of them haha).

you are aware people have had there cars impounded and crushed for posting videos online of them "hooning"

T56's have there moments too but it all comes down to the application and how its driven. But very good for most street cars.
Heres a few pics of my clubby, havnt got any good pics of my sigma at the moment cause its always in pieces, trying to get it ready for rego.

P1030208.jpg

P1030205.jpg

P1030146.jpg

Nice mate, commo's and falcons aren't my thing (anymore) but I can appreciate the work in it. It's immaculate! Have you taken it down the 1/4?

Thanks mate, nah no 1/4 yet, been down a few times with mates but every time we've gone down my car has always been getting work done etc. Annoying. But not too fussed, i know what it beats and what it doesnt :)

Haha, if you could get the power down, there wouldn't be too many average cars that would have a chance.

i used to spent all my money on cars, changing wheels,engine mods,paint etc etc etc!!!

now i just appreciate other peoples work

although my next car will be either a xr6 turbo or xr8 or a clubby if i can find a decent one thats not overpriced!! (9 month old daughter)

i love your clubby guff_man

Fords and holdens are good and they make great power.... But after a while they rattle like it's gunna fall apart. Plus, they don't handle like a proper sports car.

I guess you guys hate rice rockets, but for performance and value for money, you can't go past japanese stuff. I've been in an old R32 that handled dirt roads smoother than my 2001 falcon does!

anything would handle a dirt road better than a falcon...that's like driving a cruise liner down a set of rapids.

Bang for buck would be an XR6 Turbo..not much has to go into that to see 300+ rwkw

plus you can still have your family in the back and it doesnt look like a cop magnet!!

because you can still put your family in it and it doesnt look like a cop magnet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back