Anyone into cars?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss B

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone here is into cars, and if so what type?

I'm actually a moderator on a Mazda forum. My partner, Ant, got me into the Mazda's - back when we first started dating, he had a 2003 Mazda6 Classic sedan. Modifications included custom twin cannons by Rob Bliss, 17" rims from the Mazda6 Luxury Sports, sports grill, auto lights on/off kit, LED indicator mirrors, brushed metal fuel cap, modified dual stoplights, eyelids, lip spoiler. Here is a pic:

Before_resized.jpg

More mods were planned, until this happened:

After_resized.jpg

Some idiot in a beat-up old Ford Falcon drove across an intersection without right of way. The cars impacted head on at 60km/hr - Ant's car was a complete write-off and was paid out by our insurance company. This accident happened just over twelve months ago, and Ant is still having regular physiotherapy to treat neck and shoulder injuries. We are also finalising a compensation claim against the driver of the other vehicle. Our lawyers are expecting the matter to be settled shortly.

At that time, we also owned a Mazda3 SP23 hatch in Lightning Yellow, which we had purchased brand new just three months prior (March 2006). The Lightning Yellow was a limited edition colour available only in the SP23 hatch - with just 120 sold in Australia.

SP23_night.jpg

We had big plans for this car, including: custom twin exhausts, full AutoExe body kit, black racing rims, 20% tint, etc etc. However, in October last year we purchased a very expensive block of land and with the mortgage came the difficult decision to say goodbye to our Mazda3 :cry: We put the SP23 on the market and went in search of a replacement.

Now, we drive this:

Barina_small.jpg

2003 Holden Barina SRi - it's a little pocket rocket! These things are massively underrated, if you've ever had the chance to drive one you will know what I mean! It's just a fantastic little car and we couldn't be happier with it. We both work in the CBD, so it's pretty much our little weekend toy ;) It's got a 1.8L engine, Irmscher bodykit, cold-air intake, K&N High-Flow air filter, sports suspension, 16" rims, traction control, personalised plates, and plenty of other goodies :D

Still love my Mazda's though ;)

I used to be more into cars than i am now... reptiles kinda took over!

not the best pics, but all i could scab up quickly without looking too hard! lol

this was my pride and joy! i still miss this car terribly! i had to sell it as it kept getting broken into and vandalised where i used to live..... :(

was a 1990 Ford Laser TX3 Turbo 4wd (quite worked too!) ;)

txiii-1.jpg

dyno13.jpg

dyno12.jpg

now i drive this....
1995 Nissan Bluebird SSS
blbrd02.jpg

Very nice Matt! Prior to the Mazda6, Ant had a Ford Telstar TX5 Turbo ;)

i perfer muccles like toranas powerful v8s and stuff
Same... im more of a holden lover but you cant beat some of the older fords such as the mustang and the t bucket.

But this holden concept is a pice of artwork...the effij( my dream car)
holden-efijy-concept-743006.jpg
efj2.jpg

efj1.jpg

Went and saw it at the 05 sydney car show or whatever it was called.

Last edited:
yess i totally agreee i like holden but some old fords are pritty cool but sore are old holdens

Not a car nut by any means but I love rotaries so the RX8 appeals to me.
My aim in a couple of years is to import a Lotus Esprit S4, perfection in my eyes. :)

That says it all for me, No Known Cure LOL.

Attachments

• S300_01.jpg
    S300_01.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 86
Haven't been to the holden and ford car show in Sydney for a few years but I was floored when I went.... SOooooooooooooo many pretty cars. <3 hehe.

my family has been into cars 4 as long as I can remember. brother had an xc falcon fully workd and my cousin and his xd v8clevland with a 9in detroit locker. and as matt said reptiles took ova now I am working on a project car with the old man. its an alfa romeo in top condition but now lookin a sellin up.
my dream car thou has always been the RX7

Is there really a show just for Holdens and Fords ? What if you like proper cars ?

Haven't been to the holden and ford car show in Sydney for a few years but I was floored when I went.... SOooooooooooooo many pretty cars. <3 hehe.

this is my ride, pretty sweet... you should here the engine... goes a bit like this

put put put chuggg clank bang boom

Attachments

• llama_car (Medium).jpg
    llama_car (Medium).jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 106
Here's mine

Here's mine. Nothing special. Just a Holden. Oh hang on, Holden is special:lol:

Attachments

• Holden%20cars.jpg
    Holden%20cars.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Shane's SV6.jpg
    Shane's SV6.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 91
I drive a 2006 Mistubishi lancer VR-X.
I was 18 when i got it (19 now) and it was my first car.

shaunscar3.jpg

100_1307.jpg

100_1311.jpg

(no i didnt pay for it... no way i could afford $36,000!)

This is my pride and joy, got lots of plans to modify it, but am happy with it for now. GO HOLDENS

Attachments

• mycar1.JPG
    mycar1.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 60
  • mycar2.JPG
    mycar2.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 58
  • mycar6.JPG
    mycar6.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 70
I just can't get excited about run of the mill family cars. People stick chrome wheels and dustbin exhausts on them but they still look like family cars.

My boring stock :( lots of upgrades planned but when your a college student moneys a bit tight :rolleyes:

few month old photo too, tis about 100x dirtier with a nice key down the back left side :x

stockui2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back