Carnivorous plants

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news Jumala. N. albomarginata is such a variable and beautiful species. What colour are you getting? EP are the greatest aren't they. You don't know how excited I am about my order arriving. I'm rolling around on the floor with excitement lol. That makes two addicts and I'm sure there are more addicts on here haha.

the albo is supposed to be a red form .... it is seed grown so could turn out to be completely different :D They were sending next week so hopefully by Friday I'll have my new additions!!! I don't blame you for being exciting about getting your order - you're getting a hamata! *sigh* to live somewhere that I could have highland species .... oh well .. I'll just have to be content to be here. We always want to grow plants that we can't no matter where you live :lol: People down south want to grow tropicals and people up north want to grow bulbs lol - human nature - you always want what you can't have :lol:

Yes I think I might as well have a standing direct deposit with EP :lol: I know I shouldn't keep looking at their site but I just can't help it!!!!

There are worse addictions .... at least we have something to show for ours :D

I have to try hold back from buying any more Neps until I know that I can keep them alive. It's tough, I might go nuts on sarras, droserias and VFTs in the time being 

Just got a couple new plants today, a nice big Lance leaved sundew (Drosera adelae) and a couple of small Drosera prolifera, together with Drosera schizandra they make up the 3 sisters of qld, 3 tropical species of sundew from the rain forests of north qld

I won a sarra flava ornata on eBay today, turns out the seller lives 3 streets away from me so I was able to pick the plant up, the missus wasn't impressed when I came home 2 and half hours later with 6 sarras a D. binata and a few D. burmanni (I think) I can't remember what everything is, too many new scientific names for one day :)

hahahahahaha!! Too funny!! That is what happens when you go to a plant growers place :lol: its worse than going to a reptile place :p That's why I need to save some money before I go to the nursery in Kuranda .... I know I always want more :D

lol pics please geck. I will gets pics of my new additions up today

I think i have caught "The Bug" you guys warned me about :lol:
I will try get some pics up in the next couple of days.

pics in the next few days, have been having some problems at home so have been preoccupied with trying to find a new place to live, will sort out plants tomorrow and get pics

I am pretty stoked, just got offered a free N. fusca, mixed nep hybrid seed and Cephalotus seed from a guy who lives only 15mins down the road, cant wait to get it, its one of the species i've been wanting to get my hands on. Will also be good to see what local growers are having success with

Last edited:
Gotta be happy with that, Cephalotus seed is a great score. I just purchased some VFT Akai ryu seed and have VFT 'B52', 'toothless' and 'sharks teeth' on the way.

very nice, what did the B52 set you back? i think from memory i paid $25 for mine. They are suposed to be the largest VFT cultivar in the world with traps in excess of 6cm

Yeah it was $25, they arrived today but they are a bit beat up after being sent bare rooted, I think my favorite is the 'toothless', it has the same colour as an akai ryu but very short teeth.

How long have you had your B52 for? And how big are your traps? I have a mate who has had one for about 12 months but it has been going backwards.
I'll have to add them to my photo list.

Last edited:
i have had mine bout 3-4months, biggest traps only bout 4cm, a little bigger then my bunnings variety but i'd say after its winter dormancy it should start throwing some nice traps

ok so let the drool begin .... I can never wait to open my parcel from EP :D I've had to do a quick check, open, photos and bail to do some chores but just couldn't help myself!!!!

Got to LOVE the albomarginata var rubra :D :D :D that edge is just stunning!!!!

The last two are updated photos of the fake eddy cross. The size of the pitchers is getting impressive - nice striping on the peristome too :)

I'll get better photos and names of them all once they are potted ..... Have to get some more pots now too :lol:

Attachments

• nepenthes 003.jpg
    nepenthes 003.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 95
  • nepenthes 004.jpg
    nepenthes 004.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 87
  • nepenthes 006.jpg
    nepenthes 006.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 89
  • nepenthes 009.jpg
    nepenthes 009.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 99
  • nepenthes 011.jpg
    nepenthes 011.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 88
  • nepenthes 001.jpg
    nepenthes 001.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 99
  • nepenthes 002.jpg
    nepenthes 002.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 102
yep its a little cutie alright :D the plants I always get from EP are more than expected! I've never been disappointed with what I get from them :D

The only disappointment is not having enough money to buy everything I want!!!!! :lol:

Wow:shock: Nice plants Ange, I think i might have to do an order with EP myself :).

Here are pics of some of my newly aquired plants, ill take some of the others over the next few days.

D. burmanni and flower
P2140374.jpg
P2180412.jpg

VFT 'Toothless'
P2180403.jpg
P2180407.jpg

VFT 'B52'
P2180408.jpg

VFT 'Sharks Teeth'
P2180411.jpg

N. maxima a new pitcher just opened over the last few days
P2180418.jpg
P2180423.jpg

S. leucophylla 'red veins' ?
P2140382.jpg

S. flava 'ornata'
P2140386.jpg

Last edited:
Geck - beeee warrrnnnneeedddd - that's a bad/good idea!!! You will have no problems filling the minimum $100 order .... :lol: Given them a ring if you are not sure what to order :D They will be more than happy to help you out with what to get :D Your new plants are great too!! How big is the maxima pitcher?
Nice VFTs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back