Carnivorous plants

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
geck82 - I really hope that you have a true eddy cross and it is not a mislabelled one like mine .... that beautiful ribbing on the peristome should be evident if it is an eddy cross. Fingers crossed for you it is!!!

I tried to get a northiana that was listed with a nursery but they said they didn't have any available :( probably a good thing in some ways ..... I dread to think what the price of that one was :eek:

geck82 - I really hope that you have a true eddy cross and it is not a mislabelled one like mine .... that beautiful ribbing on the peristome should be evident if it is an eddy cross. Fingers crossed for you it is!!!
It wasn't me that purchased the Eddie x, I stopped bidding at $30, someone got a nice plant but I'm not into CPs as far as I am with reptiles yet (what I'm willing to spend anyway) :)

there is a rajah on ebay at the moment for anyone interested ..... located in Perth - current bid $31 .....

Jumala - Your plant is a stunner and as far as I was aware all of the eddie x burbidgea were the same. Searches on the net though show there is more then one clone. There is much debate on whether or not the plants are infact eddie x burbidgea (as it is from wild collected seed). If you want a link to some discussions on the topic feel free send me a pm.

Northiana are quite nice. I'll let you know when I see another up for sale. Are you placing an order with EP? They just brought out some stunner plants. By the way I got my rajah of the same grower who has the rajah on ebay. He has some quality stuff.

Geck - Come on get with it an open the wallet a little more lol :lol:

Last edited:
Kak - after reading those links you gave me I'm inclined to think it has raff in it like you said. But it is still a very nice plant :) I was just hoping for that gorgeous peristome; and the price was good anyway :lol: Yeah ...... I kinda put in a little order with EP :D and sent a little please please do you have one of these comments in it lmao!!!! Definately interested if you see a northiana :D

The cuttings were still looking ok before I went away. I have them being babysat for me while I'm away so hopefully they keep the water up to the glasses :eek: I'm home on the weekend - probably after the cyclone has been through!!! Ahhhhhhh! And of course there wasn't really anything that they could do with my gutter system so I hope it will be ok if it does come through ...... Fingers and toes crossed.

Jumala my thoughts are with you and those people up in north QLD. I hope all goes well and that no one gets hurt. Do you mind If I ask what you ordered and if you can post some pics when you get them please? I'll be posting pics of mine for sure. I'm excited about the red flush truncata on its way. I asked for the reddest possible which was my special request lol. What are you chasing other then a northiana?

I'm glad the cuttings are doing well. I am excited to see how you go with them. I hope the babysitter does well lol. I hope everything goes well and my fingers are crossed for you.

I hope it fizzes out! This has happened before so heres hoping. With the amount of rain that we have had the destruction will be MASSIVE!! The ground is already so wet that there will be trees uprooted everywhere :eek:

thai, ampullaria (d), alata (t), adrianii, sibuyanensis x albo-marginata (thought this would be interesting)- so only a small order this time lol ...... also checked if they still have any of the merrilliana seedlings left but I think I missed my chances this time around :( A nice dark albomarginata is also on my want list. I'm trying to keep it short lol by focusing on a couple at a time ..... it's a theory anyway.

I'll be REALLY happy if the cutting experiment works for me at home!!!! I will be doing some of the long skinny greenish thorelli x truncata next if it works well as it is getting VERY leggy lol. I'm home on Sunday so provided they don't let the water level drop they should be ok - crossing fingers and toes (they are not exactly green thumbs but not black thumbs either lol)

Jumala - Let's hope it does fizz out. You've ordered some stunners :). I'm jealous as ampullaria are one of my favourite Nep's but being lowlanders are not suited to my conditions yet you have ideal conditions. I love ampullaria's shape and squat nature and ability for hybrids involving amp to show this. I guess that's what excites me so much about my lowii x ampullaria x mira.

I've forgotten what I've ordered but have a few things such as the red truncata, lowii x talangensis on the way. I'll post the list up of plants and photos when the plants arrive. Well i'm sure your friends are looking after the plants nicely. Looking forward to the updates on your cuttings experiment. I'd be interested to see the rate of root growth etc.

Geck - You have great taste mate:p. N. burkei is a stunner.

well it hasn't fizzed out :eek: and unfortunately because of the windy weather it sounds like my cuttings will be a failure :`( the wind had knocked the cuttings out of the water dish - don't know for how long and they are still sitting at home now :( I hope that they are still in the container now ....

don't know - I'm not home yet :( I get back on Sunday ......... the main plants should be ok - it's the cuttings that I'm worried are going to be out of the water :(

Has anyone had any luck with growing madagascariensis from seed? Seen it listed and was wondering if anyone had tried?

Yea should be easy to grow from seed as are most others. Didnt even realize there were neps in madagascar till i googled it before lol

lol well that is pretty well what I did when I saw it for sale :lol: I thought someone was being creative with their description - wouldn't be the first time.
Growing from seed is a loooooonnngggg term commitment but I haven't seen this species for sale in Aust so was figuring it would be a good trade plant if I could get them to grow successfully :D (and if they were true to description of course :lol: )

Last edited:
Jumala - How are the cuttings? How did everything else go? I've heard of madagascariensis a lowland plant but never tried to grow it. Nepenthes have quite a wide range and many grow in places that leaves one a little surprised at times which is what happened to me when I first got into growing neps. They for instance have a species of Nep in the seychelles N. pervillei.

I've never grown Nep seed unlike hornet however depending on where they come from they may have different requirements. I have some links on seed growing. If you want them send me a pm. N. madagascariensis by the way is currently being grown and sold here in OZ by a small number of growers so it will be a great trade plant for you. Where are your seeds coming from?

Last edited:
well the plants did ok .... one of the pieces of guttering fell over :( the one with the big plants in it of course :( luckily all of them except for one was in spag moss so didn't get tipped out - phew!! The other ones got a bit lifted lol :lol: but they are ok.

The cuttings are still green!!! WOO HOO!! I figure that is as good a start as any :D So the experiment is looking good .... Will be doing my elongated thorellii x truncata green one next :D

Kak - the seeds were listed with a couple of nuseries - I'd have to find them again .... :oops:

My 'eddy' cross has got a nice new pitcher on it :D will have to take some more photos ....

well the plants did ok .... one of the pieces of guttering fell over :( the one with the big plants in it of course :( luckily all of them except for one was in spag moss so didn't get tipped out - phew!! The other ones got a bit lifted lol :lol: but they are ok.

The cuttings are still green!!! WOO HOO!! I figure that is as good a start as any :D So the experiment is looking good .... Will be doing my elongated thorellii x truncata green one next :D

Kak - the seeds were listed with a couple of nuseries - I'd have to find them again .... :oops:

My 'eddy' cross has got a nice new pitcher on it :D will have to take some more photos ....

updated photos :D

I just love the pixelated look at the back of the Rokko x boschiana cross!!
The veitchii I haven't posted before. The peristome is just amazing on this one. Lovely wide flared and the occasional stripe. This was the one that was originally thought to be a straight veitchii but it was found that the other locality one used was split to another species ..... So this one is a veitchii x hurrelliana
Enjoy :)

Attachments

• fake eddy 08-02-2011.jpg
    fake eddy 08-02-2011.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 55
  • rokko x bosch 08-02-2011.jpg
    rokko x bosch 08-02-2011.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 55
  • rokko x bosch peristome 08-02-2011.jpg
    rokko x bosch peristome 08-02-2011.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 53
  • truncata 08-02-2011.jpg
    truncata 08-02-2011.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 59
  • truncata peri 08-02-2011.jpg
    truncata peri 08-02-2011.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 49
  • veitchii x 08-02-2011.jpg
    veitchii x 08-02-2011.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 53
  • veitchii x peri 08-02-2011.jpg
    veitchii x peri 08-02-2011.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Speaking of seed. Is anyone interested in some aristolochioides or sanguinea seed i may have some excess in a couple of weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back