Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spudfish

Not so new Member
Reaction score
how long should a 12 month year old carpet python be

My yearling Bredli's are 1.3 meters, all depends on the amount of food they are given

All pythons are different and grow at different rates just like people so I dont think there would be any definate size he has to be, I have nerver measured my male swcp but he a bit longer than my arm at 12 months.

I'd like to join in on this, I have 3 bredli/diamond crosses and the female is around 130-135 cm and a little less thick than a snickers bar (lol). However my two males are both around 70-80 cm and maybe 2-3 pencils thick, they feed on rat pups and they are both yearlings, am I to blame or is this "normal" if it's my doing please come with suggestions, can give additional info if needed

My jungle is roughly 10mths old now and just measured the recent shed and I'd say she's bout 80-85cm :) feeding fuzzie mice or hoppers bumping up to rats soon hopefully.

Ha ha pretty sure it would be way over 2 M by now since this thread is 16 months old lmfao :lol:

Ha ha pretty sure it would be way over 2 M by now since this thread is 16 months old lmfao :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like to join in on this, I have 3 bredli/diamond crosses and the female is around 130-135 cm and a little less thick than a snickers bar (lol). However my two males are both around 70-80 cm and maybe 2-3 pencils thick, they feed on rat pups and they are both yearlings, am I to blame or is this "normal" if it's my doing please come with suggestions, can give additional info if needed
Bredli x diamonds ? Where from mate? Aus or uk? And where u get them from?

Last edited:
Bredli x diamonds ? Where from mate? Aus or uk? And where u get them from?[/QUOTE]

Sweden actually, from a local breeder, I was tired while writing the last post, the parents are: 0.1 bredli\diamond and 1.0 bredli/mcdowelli. The 3 I have are: 1.0bredlijaguar and 1.1 jag siblings. I bet you guys in Aus have the real deal though, and maybe diffrent names for them, I can only go by the paperwork, could take some pix of them if you'd like

My female MD is about 70-75cm and 7.5 months old, probably a little thicker than my thumb, currently on Weaner Mice, Adult Mice once she sheds again.

Male MD is about half as thick and about 45-50cm, same age. He's got a bit of catching up to do. Is currently on Pinky Rats, try him on Fuzzy Rats next feed.

Unsexed Jungle (but pretty sure is a girl) is about 50-55cm and slightly thinner than the female MD, also on Weaner Mice.

Hope this gives you an idea.

Keep in mind the girls never refuse a feed (even in shed) and the male is picky, especially around this time of year and when he comes up to shed.

Lewis i asked where u came from eg. UK cause only the europeans and Americans cross breed etc and i thought that u may have been english due to the amount of carpets that r crossed over there (i originate from the Uk)...Do not take this the wrong way but on this Forum people can be very vindictive towards people that have cross breed carpets but since u have already said that u r from sweden and u have brought these snakes for looks and as a pet (hobby) then u may be excused (we will c)...In australia people r very passionate about the species and many dont agree with the evolving crosses and morphs....plz post pics if u can would love to c how they look and hope comments forecoming r on the nice side....its illegal for us over here to X carpets ....looking forward to some pics....hears my bredli and jungle....
Sry about the bredli....he camera shy lol....only joking not got any recent shots (must put in the to do tray)

Nono I didnt take it badly it was more of a way of saying it, like oh is that strawberry in ur icecream, no its actually raspberry(something like that). Well I'm not crazy for crossbreeds but I thought their looks were nice but like I said you guys have the nicest ones, we have to work with the offspring of those imported before you set up the no export rules :p. Pics can be fixed after I'm done for the day, have to go in 2 min

Nono I didnt take it badly it was more of a way of saying it, like oh is that strawberry in ur icecream, no its actually raspberry(something like that). Well I'm not crazy for crossbreeds but I thought their looks were nice but like I said you guys have the nicest ones, we have to work with the offspring of those imported before you set up the no export rules :p. Pics can be fixed after I'm done for the day, have to go in 2 min

- - - Updated - - -

Really liked the colors on the snakes, didnt see much of the bredli like you explained but I really wanted a nice jungle, there's a show at the end of the week, might get luky:)

Really liked the colors on the snakes, didnt see much of the bredli like you explained but I really wanted a nice jungle, there's a show at the end of the week, might get luky:)

View attachment 262915GL with the show........bet its Jags all the way and plenty of WOW factor....ps keep messing up with the attachements sry

Posted pics on wrong thread and cant post pics on my phone I think. Go to my profile if u wanna c them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back