Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Of the members who own cats.. how many have cat runs outside for their cats?

• Yes

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • no cat run but kept inside

Votes: 30 47.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said before I own a cat and love the little bugger dearly.....
It's an indoor cat and has never been outside without a leash around it's neck.
I'm pro eradicating feral cats....
But in suburbia these cats are people's pets, just like my cat and my reptiles.

If one of my reptiles get's out to the neighbours yard and they take a shovel to it I would be horrified and livid, it would be no different if they shot my cat as their cat haters...

If they trap my cat and have enough "BALLS" to let me know (rather than just lurking in the suburban shadows being all J.I. Joe about it)... I would actually probably give them a reward for finding the damn thing in the first place. At least it was safe and didn't get run over or got shot...
By all means trap the cats in your neighbourhood as they are causing damage but at least have the decency to let the owners know, and don't say they have three days to re-claim it from the pound. That's just you letting the pound do the dirty work while you sit back and think what a good boy I am.

Its G.I Joe.......;) Sorry, im just being picky! Carry on.......

i would be happy to pay the fine to get my cat back but i would think the person who trapped it a gutless pos with no balls i would respect someone more if they bought my cat back to me than not jmho

Page 13, nothing resolved, seemingly nothing learned or understood, just a few pointless fights.
Cat haters will never know nor understand what it's like to like / love a cat just like an undesexed dog will never know what it's like to have a f*&#. Another 13 pages?

Keep. Your. Cats. Inside.
Oh wow, look at that, 13 pages answered in one line, how wonderful.
Tell you're neighbours about there cats, if they don't listen, trap them and give them back, if they let them out, trap them again and take them to the pound, keep doing it if they don't listen, they'll probably get sick of paying for the bill.
Shoot the ****ers out bush, tho.

again feral is not someones pet. that cat is loved and cared for and is far from been a feral animal
You would think, cat lovers, being so in love with their cats and wanting no harm to them, wouldn't even let them outside. What with all the dangers, (Cars, vens, other cats, aussie python members, etc.)

Last edited:
so native animal killing aside,..this is a question for all the irresponsible cat owners defending their horrible pests on this thread,...

how many cat owners would be happy if i collect all the cat crap and start flinging it randomly at their hoses, piss all over their bbq area every night so they can spend half their weekend cleaning up a mess that shouldnt eb there,..

one of the aviary snakes ends up losing teeth from smashing the mesh thanks to the neighbourhood cats, ive put obstacle up to deter her from sitting against the mesh so she cant strike at anythign that goes past, but still, i can only deter her, not stop her.

i cant keep my lizards in outdoor pits, even in sunning cages i have to keep a very close eye on them so my animals dont get harrrassed on my own property.

the pond were building will have to be covered somehow,...that shouldnt be necessary!!

why should neighbours have to deal with all this crap on top of trying to have a native friendly garden that cant be made safe for said natives,..?

Why is it the trappers responsibility to ensure that you get your cat, or any other pet back?

It's not... but as Michael said, it would be the decent thing to do. Even if they took it to the pound for the owners to pay the fine (to teach them a lesson) and then told them so be it. It just saves the "responsible" owners hours even days of worry and angst looking for their pet... (or not being able to locate which pound it was taken to and it be put to death)

If the owners don't care enough about that damn thing to re-claim it (pay the fine) and they put it down well then it's a win for you isn't it.

While were on the topic of responsibility since when is it the responsibility of people to go around killing their neighbours pets? (you don't need to answer we'll just be going round in circles)

There are some instances were the killing of the cat would be condoned (I understand this i.e. Colin's story)... but to not give the owner a chance? Well I'm with Michael there that's just a "redneck" thing to do....

Last edited:
Settle down Graham, it's getting too much into your head. The local Councils can't do anything about it, communities are largely ignorant to the cat problems, and YOU can't do anything about it either, i.e. anything effective. And that's why you're having outbursts here on a forum - that's all you can do about it.
Abundant wildlife in our gardens in not a joke. We have skinks, tree snakes, water rats, butterflies, frogs, etc., in our garden ..... and we have a cat too. You are right in your last sentence, so maybe it's time to stop hating cats and start confronting irresponsible cat owners - not here at your keyboard; personally. Are you up to it?

I am quite settled michael, it takes a lot to rattle my cage.
These aren't outbursts my friend, they are rationally thought out posts that come from experience, which i am putting up here in as non hating way as i can. The only thing i can do about this scenario is patch up the animals and try to educate the people involved. So you are wrong again, I am up for it, and i do what i can when the times comes. This is why I am entitled to have my say here, more so then you are.. you see I am doing something about it. All you are doing is sitting back drinking piss and letting your cat wander in to others backyards... but that's typical of the contradictory way you do and see things. I had a couple of cats as a kid, I don't hate them, so i have seen both sides.
Perhaps you would prefer if everyone was like you and just did nothing. I always get a good laugh at the assumptions you make about people on here, do you have some type of extra sensory perception which allows you to know how others live their life? Because it's not working LOL!

so native animal killing aside,..this is a question for all the irresponsible cat owners defending their horrible pests on this thread,...

how many cat owners would be happy if i collect all the cat crap and start flinging it randomly at their hoses, piss all over their bbq area every night so they can spend half their weekend cleaning up a mess that shouldnt eb there,..

one of the aviary snakes ends up losing teeth from smashing the mesh thanks to the neighbourhood cats, ive put obstacle up to deter her from sitting against the mesh so she cant strike at anythign that goes past, but still, i can only deter her, not stop her.

i cant keep my lizards in outdoor pits, even in sunning cages i have to keep a very close eye on them so my animals dont get harrrassed on my own property.

the pond were building will have to be covered somehow,...that shouldnt be necessary!!

why should neighbours have to deal with all this crap on top of trying to have a native friendly garden that cant be made safe for said natives,..?

Become a politician, member of local Council and do something worthwhile about the problem. Write letters to relevant authorities, lobby your local councilors, etc., if you feel so strongly about the cat problem. Letting your steam out on a reptile forum is waste of time.

Chris doesn't need to do that Michael because bylaws are already in place for the responsible ownership of cats.

Become a politician, member of local Council and do something worthwhile about the problem. Write letters to relevant authorities, lobby your local councilors, etc., if you feel so strongly about the cat problem. Letting your steam out on a reptile forum is waste of time.

typo

I am quite settled michael, it takes a lot to rattle my cage.
These aren't outbursts my friend, they are rationally thought out posts that come from experience, which i am putting up here in as non hating way as i can. The only thing i can do about this scenario is patch up the animals and try to educate the people involved. So you are wrong again, I am up for it, and i do what i can when the times comes. This is why I am entitled to have my say here, more so then you are.. you see I am doing something about it. All you are doing is sitting back drinking piss and letting your cat wander in to others backyards... but that's typical of the contradictory way you do and see things. I had a couple of cats as a kid, I don't hate them, so i have seen both sides.
Perhaps you would prefer if everyone was like you and just did nothing. I always get a good laugh at the assumptions you make about people on here, do you have some type of extra sensory perception which allows you to know how others live their life? Because it's not working LOL!

Oh Graham, you really know me and you obviously know how and where I keep our cat, don't you. Your assumptions in that regard are but insulting.
Patching up animals is not helping the poor victims but does nothing to stop or prevent the problem, so don't feel so superior over me.

so that means you'd be happy to have cat crap flung at ur house and pee all over ur bbq area and doors?
send me ur address, i'll send u some excrement, lol!! :p

i dont need to waste more of my time on the cat problem, ive spoken to the council numerous times and even those people in the council that agree with roaming cats being banned cant see a solution to the problem. im just agreeing that its a great idea trapping cats and taking them to the pound,.....for all the above reasons as well as saving the natives,..! :)

Chris doesn't need to do that Michael because bylaws are already in place for the responsible ownership of cats.

And they don't work because they're not being enforced. Maybe Chris could volunteer as an educator, visiting all cat owners in her suburb them how to be responsible. Then again it would be as effective as the Jehovah's Witness door knocks. lol

The owners will be educated when they either pay to pick up their beloved pet from the pound or have their cat killed.

And they don't work because they're not being enforced. Maybe Chris could volunteer as an educator, visiting all cat owners in her suburb them how to be responsible. Then again it would be as effective as the Jehovah's Witness door knocks. lol

Alternative solution:

If you don't like stray cats and what they do in your yard, get yourself a big, dirty Tom with balls, sharp teeth and claws. You will never see other cat near your place. :D

Alternative solution:

If you don't like stray cats and what they do in your yard, get yourself a big, dirty Tom with balls, sharp teeth and claws. You will never see other cat near your place. :D

So instead of cat owner's doing the responsible thing of getting a cat run, you suggest everyone else buy a dog instead?

I'd love to hear what ideas you would come up with for world peace, Michael! :)

So instead of cat owner's doing the responsible thing of getting a cat run, you suggest everyone else buy a dog instead?

I'd love to hear what ideas you would come up with for world peace, Michael! :)

It's a black Monday, is it? I have no ideas for the world peace but it would be good if some people had more sense of humor .... even on Mondays.

I have trapped quite a few cats over the years and had them picked up by a council ranger.I feel no responsibility to try and track down the owner (and I wouldn't even know who they are anyway) as the owner quite obviously has taken no responsibility to keep their cat/s under control.

My last world on this subject:
One can not reason with serial cat haters. They think they are conservationists because they hate cats. But like all extremists and radicals, they're not taken seriously by the rest of the community.

Yet you keep coming back!

or you could all just accept the inevitable that people will not control there cats and get over it???

lol!!

lol, and irresponsible cat owners will just have to just accept the fact that theyre endangering their own beloved pets because some people will trap their cats and take them to the pound. So get over that, lol,..! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back