Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retic

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Come on guys, this is getting a bit silly if we can't even talk about cats without a whole thread being deleted. Either that or it has been moved under a rock somewhere. I think this is moderation taken a little too far.

was that my bad? wasn't trying to start an argument, just being diplomatic, sorry boa!

Well lets start talking about it here then :)
I was just about to post this but it was deleted.

Before people start spouting off about being animal lovers and that all animals are great blah blah blah i have a question......how many people here step on spiders if they find them in their house?
Bex do you squash spiders? I know thats an extreme but i think talking about white man coming here is off the planet considering this thread is about cats killing wildlife.

I don't hear anyone crying about foxes, cane toads and rabbits being killed for the same reasons, if we had feral populations of snakes or some kind of reptile (which we do in some places) if i got the chance i would knock them off as well.
If this persons cats has gone feral then it's a pest regardless of which way you look at it.
If i was in the traders situation i would be doing the same thing. I can't see anything wrong with it.
Provided feral animals are killed humanely then i don't have a problem with it.

We are mostly all adults here and we should at least be able to talk about these things and as gilleni says why not just delete offensive posts ?

I am severly allergic to bees, but if I see one drowning, I rescue it, with bare hands if need be. I cry for all 'feral' animals everywhere being killed. It's not their fault they are exotic, if only we could time warp back to stop it all from happening.

Every animal has a right to be here

I certainly make no secret of the fact I hate cats, if people want to keep one then fine BUT keep it inside or in a large cat run. I will say again if a cat comes onto my property it will quite likely die, humanely.

Nina, I respect your opinion but please there must be a line drawn in the sand somewhere. I hate killing Cane Toads but I kill everyone I can find. Every animal does not in fact have a right to be here, every animal deserves to be treated humanely and if that means killing them then that should be done humanely.

You know by saving feral animals your just killing more of our natives, I lived in Mudgee for 14yrs and fishing was my main past time, when you see all your native fish being over run with dirty european carp it's very sad.
I must have kill thousands of carp over the years but it had no effect at all.

It's not their fault they are ferals but it's not the native animals fault they have been invaded by ferals, which we did by settling here, so the way i see it is why not right the wrongs of our settlers.

I dont mean 'here' as in australia, I mean globally.

I do agree that feral animals need to be exterminated, but it should be very quick, and humane. NOT by throwing bricks at them, possibly injuring them, and then them dying a slow, painful death.

hehe i love wen things get heated it makes my day...i cant say im a fan for cats either....sorry any cat lovers out theere

topic "today is a nice day"

no its not! debate debate debate!

We should all join debating teams (not me though, I just get angry!)

I don't see the point in keeping them all they do is sleep,eat,crap,leave fur everywhere,kill natives,spray everywhere.
Atleast dogs are loyal and can be used as guide dogs.

As i said send them back to where they came from

i want them gone, along with rabbits mice, rat, foxes, camels and all the other exotics unless they can live sustainably in the environment then get rid of em.

hehe u just keep on pumping yayo :mrgreen:

Are you on the same planet as us or are you spacing out or something?

Not every animal has a right to be here... cats are one

You are another.

Sorry couldn't resist :lol:

Provided feral animals are killed humanely then i don't have a problem with it.

Bricks ain't nice though don't you think? :( I have slowly come to terms with the idea of killing feral animals but I will never agree with throwing things at them or deliberately trying to harm them. If people feel they must try to save the world do it humanely at least! :p

NinaPeas said:
I do agree that feral animals need to be exterminated, but it should be very quick, and humane. NOT by throwing bricks at them, possibly injuring them, and then them dying a slow, painful death.

:cry: :cry: :cry: I find it really very, VERY sad when I watch the birds or that poor lil ringtail dieing a slow and painful death too...by being tortured by the cat (as I watched yesterday, my heart still aches for that beautiful adult possum now with a broken back) minding his own business sleeping in the tree as they do during the day.. :cry:

Judy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back