celebrity dolphin protest

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks abbott. I don't hate animals, in case people think it sounds like it (I'm studying to be a vet - how much can I really hate them?)

I'm just being realistic here. I hate the fact that as soon as an animal is clever, or cute, or interesting it becomes taboo to kill it for food.

If the dolphin population is in serious danger of dying out, then I agree, stop the dolphin killing. But if they can deal with losing the amount they are losing and not be adversely affected, throw me a dolphin burger.

its not the actual killing for food thats the prob,its the cruelty in the way its done
thats what most people are disturbed by

animals do matter ,if they didnt well no one would join a forum like this one
devoted to a group of animals:D

They matter, but we can still eat them

Like I said earlier, killing things is never pretty. Knowing the media, they've sensationalised this beyond the moon. What could be easier than a media story on how the Japanese kill dolphins cruelly?

To me it looked like they hoisted them out of the water and off'd them..

As for cruelly killing, the amount of fish I've dragged out of the water via a metal hook impaled in their face is pretty high. But I'm not about to stop fishing. Unless fish became endangered

Dolphins aren't people. Period. We don't eat people because that is cannibalism, illegal, and they are people. Animals aren't people. People are better than animals. Evolution.

.. There are plenty of tribes out there ,Say Papua, who were cannibals not that long ago. It wasn't illegal to them, If they started eating people again, it could very well be argued that it is sustainable.

You seriously think your life is more valuable than an animals. Hah, maybe in your eyes, definatly not in the animals.

" but man, proud man,dressed in a little authority, most ignorant of what he is assured, His glassy essence,- Plays such fantastic tricks before the high heavens as to make the angels weep" Shakespeare.

I never liked Shakespear at school and I still don't, but once I understood the meaning of this quote I found it became one of my favourites.

not many people here has seen sheep being slaughtered have they?

held and their throats ripped open with a knife and bleed, cows get a bolt in the head to knock them out and then their throats slashed. pigs gased with CO2 the their throats slashed. chickens stuck upside down in a cone so the blood rushes to their heads then the throat is slashed.

so get over it! its the way of the world

also

"The eco-friendly stunt ended in a violent confrontation at sea with Japanese fisherman taking part in the annual dolphin cull."

notice is says ANNUAL as in ONCE A YEAR!

and from what i seen in the clip its nothing more then your avarage fisherman does... in fact its more humane. fisherman usually just let their fish suffercate in a bucket so Harden Up!

You seriously think your life is more valuable than an animals. Hah, maybe in your eyes, definatly not in the animals.
Of course I think my life is more important than an animal's! You're trying to tell me you don't think yours is? Somehow I think that if someone was to say "you have a choice cement.. We either kill you, or we kill this dolphin" you'd choose the dolphin. Humans are higher than animals.. I don't get how people can argue that?! No way would you put yourself before an animal if it came to that. No way, no how.

Oskorei.. slaughter isn't that bad. We went to a few abattoirs and they're all pretty humane. Only one in every thousand or so cattle need to be re-stunned.

yeah i know that mate (i'm a butcher)

wasnt saying it was bad, was saying that its no different then what they are doing to the dolphins and what happens in a slaugherhouse.

its just that there is are to many hippys with there god like dolphins and frangapannies!

My dad is also a Bucther and We sometimes Go to the Abattoir < Spelling? And it Is the same as that

why dont they farm the dolphins the same way cattle and chooks etc are farmed then maybe it would be looked at differently. I agree it looks sick and the media will use shock tactics, celebrity faces/names and only show you what they want you to see, leaving alot out. If it's annual and they're not killing too many dolphins then why not let it happen. Atleast they will use almost every part of the animal unlike the waste alot of other countries throw away. IMO Every living thing animal, plant or human is equal, if i was in a country where human was still on the menue i'd try it (think i'm sick if you like meat is meat). And we don't eat people only because we have the voice to speak up for ourselves to say it unacceptable.

Hahaha I'd probably try human too. Apparently we're delicious.

Anyway, they don't farm dolphins because the animal lovers would have a massive cry. About how it's cruel to farm such beautiful and intelligent creatures (because we all know that if you are beautiful, cute, captivating and intelligent, you deserve to live more than those that aren't as smart... Or so the animal lovers would have us believe haha)

But they aren't as intelligent... or something...
I'd eat dolphin if it was farmed. Hell I'd eat it as long as it isn't about to become extinct.

Hmm..What a difficult topic.
I must admit seeing a seal with a spear in its head, that would probably die painfully from infection, doesnt seem so good, but if they were allowed to use guns, would they cull more, because its easier. I must agree, and I love dolphins, as long as they arent becoming extinct, and they dont waste any of the animal, like they do when they remove shark fins. I cant see too much a problem, I saw a worse clip a year ago, where the Japanese left the dolphins on a concrete floor to die, now that is inhumane. If it has to be done, make it fast and efficient, and waste nothing.

Waste nothing? The Japanese may not waste any part of the dolphin - i don't believe this for a second - but look at their track record with sharks, they use ONE part, the fin, and toss the rest, they have hunted many types of whales close to extinction simply to provide rich tourists with a taste of a 'traditional' food. imo, if its marketed as a traditional food, it should be caught using traditional methods, lets see how many sharks and whales, and dolphins are caught using traditional boats and harpoons

I think you will find that shark fins are used mostly by CHINESE not Japanese.

People are better than animals. Evolution.quote]

If that the case why are humans the only animal on earth that distroys other animals habitats and pollutes the enviroment! you call that evolution it cant be its not sustainable!

I think you will find that shark fins are used mostly by CHINESE not Japanese.

So it's ok then?

wiki quote: Hong Kong handles at least 50% and possibly up to 80% of the world trade in shark fin, with the major suppliers being Europe, Taiwan, Indonesia, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, United States, Yemen, India, Japan, and Mexico.

I'm so sick of the Jap bashers around the world. There is nothing wrong with what they are doing if it is environmentally sustainable. I didn't see that being anymore cruel that what goes on in sheep and cattle slaughter houses. OMG they have curtains up to stop people seeing them butchered!! What do you expect? no one like seeing any animal butchered, they do it like that in any slaughter house.

Now for my most controversial statement. I think i would prefer to eat a humanely killed wild animal than a humanely killed captive animal. Atleast when they are wild they get to live like they are meant to, eating what they are meant to and breeding like they are meant to. Wild populations (in their native habitat) do not damage biodiversity like sheep and cattle farms do. How much more cruel is it to breed and raise animals in a pen, fatten them up as quick as possible and then kill them than to allow them to live life they way they always have and then use them for food?

So it's ok then?

wiki quote: Hong Kong handles at least 50% and possibly up to 80% of the world trade in shark fin, with the major suppliers being Europe, Taiwan, Indonesia, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, United States, Yemen, India, Japan, and Mexico.

No, rape and pillaging of the environment is not OK. Sustainable harvest is,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back