celebrity dolphin protest

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree totally with sustainable harvest, but, and i know this is off topic, shark fin is not harvested in a sustainable or responsible manner. I have no problem with slaughter houses, i eat meat and we sometimes slaughter our own, but to cut off an animals fin, then let it just slide back into the water to die by drowning is inhumane

its unfortunate that this happens but its their tradition and part of their culture. so due to certain people that have made the worlds leaders afraid to step in due to fear of being called a fascist etc its going to keep happening:rolleyes: its an unfortunate drawback of giving people freedom of speech.

Everyones talking about environmentally sustainable!

I lived in china for a year and the main consumed animal was infact the pig nosed turtle to which babys sold for 50c australian and full grown adults for $7 australian now how can that be environmentally sustainable when in fact they are taking every single one fromNew Guinea and from my understanding they are yet to be bred in captivity.
htcaret.jpg

No im saying there are people out there who dont need to be taking up space!
To which id rather a mouse take there spot!

So you're saying you would die to save something like a mouse?

It wasnt a crack at me was it?

dont think you read it right! read it again

To even think about putting someone you dont know in the same bracket as those people i mentioned in insane!

i agree totally with sustainable harvest, but, and i know this is off topic, shark fin is not harvested in a sustainable or responsible manner. I have no problem with slaughter houses, i eat meat and we sometimes slaughter our own, but to cut off an animals fin, then let it just slide back into the water to die by drowning is inhumane
Im with you on that, why waste the rest of the animal, for goodness sake, they should use the meat, or export it to countries that would. I hate the waste..:cry:

This is a very controversial topic, and as humans we will all have our own opinion, and it would take quite a bit to convince me to change my thoughts on the topic. I think we could argue this forever and never all agree. So I think we should do our best, to do the right things by the animals in our lives, and show respect to any we encounter on our journeys. Never support the killings we personally dont believe are right, and pray that the stupid human race, doesnt bring any more animals to extinction..

There is a simple fact that stops this argument in its tracks: if it is environmentally sustainable, there is nothing more wrong with dolphin slaughter than with cattle or sheep slaughter.

For those that think because they are intelligent and loveable killing them is wrong, it is not up to you to decide what deserves to live and what doesnt. Much less based on intelligence and cuteness.

KWKW you have some odd views (odd to me, this isn't a personal dig), but if you honestly think that humans aren't the top of the species... I guess that is up to you, isn't it? Most humans will agree that animals lives are simply not as important as a human life. I'd be in that boat for sure.

so if your studying to become a vet ,why bother?animals lives arent important.
become a doctor dude:D

but also if people want to eat dolphin go for it
if you can deal with the controversy theres nothing stopping you

Please quote where I said animal lives aren't important? I never said that, and I don't believe that to be the case. I love animals, hence making my whole life about them. But that doesn't mean I think a dog/cat/snake/dolphin's life is more important than the bloke down the road's.

well your prob best becoming a doctor,
your very passionate about humans
and you think animals are sort of ok but not that important but you would like to save them for something to do
its ok dude no ones gonna hate on you for your opinion

*yawns* this crap has gone on for centeries do you really think it is going to stop now???? No other wise it wouldve been done by now... Im over with the drama of it all is quite pathetic really....But personally imo I wouldnt eat dolphin..

I'm vegan and I have exactly the same views as Phil. So are you saying I'm not passionate about animals either?
As long as an animal is not endangered or protected, what is the problem in killing it for food? Yes, I agree that it should never be done in an inhumane way - but you can't place a higher value on an animal just because it is "cuter" and "more intelligent" than others.

no i dont think its gonna stop
and i wouldnt eat it either
we can only look after whats goin on in our waters:D

Now for my most controversial statement. I think i would prefer to eat a humanely killed wild animal than a humanely killed captive animal. Atleast when they are wild they get to live like they are meant to, eating what they are meant to and breeding like they are meant to. Wild populations (in their native habitat) do not damage biodiversity like sheep and cattle farms do. How much more cruel is it to breed and raise animals in a pen, fatten them up as quick as possible and then kill them than to allow them to live life they way they always have and then use them for food?

This I totally agree with, on one condition, it IS DONE HUMANELY. Putting cattle and sheep onto our land is the single BIGGEST ecological mistake we have ever made, especially when we have things like 'roos that are much healthier to eat and show populations growth capable of maintianing a sustainable harvest, but that is not the issue here.

The fact is that these animals are being slaughtered in the same way that we slaughter our introduced domestic livestock, which is NOT humane. Yes, it is amazingly cruel how these dolphins and whales are killed, and it makes me want to beat the living $H1T out of the people responsible, but we do the same things to our livestock. How many people have seen the mass chains of pigs being bled out in slaughter houses? Or the bogus 'slice the throat then drop in boiling water' method used to kill the battery hens, no longer able to lay, when its time for them to turn into 'McNuggets' or 'Popcorn chicken'?. It wasnt so long ago cattle were done with a sledgehammer, a bloke standing over the crush, swinging a 9 pound sledgehammer down into the cows forehead to knock it out before it had its throat cut. Now they just use stun guns so powerful that some of the brain material is blown down the spinal cord into the body cavity. :?

Yes, its amazingly cruel what these dolphins are going through, but we need to stand up and raise best practice standards in the meat production industry, not just for dolphins. Personally, I prefer to only eat what I've killed if I can, at least that way I know it died in a humane way.

yeah i dont put value on cuter or nicer animals either
and im not hating on any one
i just thought people whos lives where heavily invloved with animals
wouldnt get annoyed by people who are very passionate about them.
but you can feel any way you like
your opinion is up to you:D

Kelly (this is not a shot btw, just curious), why are you a vegan if you dont mind animals being killed for food? :|

Kelly (this is not a shot btw, just curious), why are you a vegan if you dont mind animals being killed for food? :|

Of course I mind animals being killed for food. Honestly, I think it's disgusting the amount of meat that westerners consume nowadays. But I also know it's not realistic to think that everyone is going to become vegan and stop relying on animals for food.
My main problem with things like this is - I just don't see how someone who consumes other animals can judge a culture just because they eat something that isn't considered "okay" to eat in Australia.

As long as an animal is not endangered or protected, what is the problem in killing it for food? Yes, I agree that it should never be done in an inhumane way - but you can't place a higher value on an animal just because it is "cuter" and "more intelligent" than others.

Im so confused right now, but I had a very big night last night, so I'll just accept that something was lost in translation as always seems to happen over the net/text messages :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back