Channel 9!!!!!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When my parents went away they gave me the house for 3 weeks. they did not specifically say I could use the shower.

Did I steal the shower or water? They never said I could use the water? or the shower?

Lesa, I just checked with a cop I am friends with.

He did not steal the house. So legally, your argument has no merit.

He did not cause the damage yet he is being charged for it. Wrong.

BTW, the $20,000 is only for the police. None of the neighbours. Guess where the $20,000 will come from? I'll give you a hint, he gets $175 a week from centrelink.

I'm not talking legally, I'm talking morally. That's a whole different ballgame. That's about love and respect and resposibility. Not about what some fancy lawyer can get you out of in court. This kid should have had repect for his parents and the home they paid for so they could give a roof over his head!

Lesa, I just checked with a cop I am friends with.

I used to be friends with a cop... until he walked out on his wife and 2 young daughters leaving them a mountain of debt to overcome. Just cause they wear the badge doesn't give them the role of judge, jury and executioner. Some (not all) have no idea of the laws they are meant to uphold.

I'm not talking legally, I'm talking morally. That's a whole different ballgame. That's about love and respect and resposibility. Not about what some fancy lawyer can get you out of in court. This kid should have had repect for his parents and the home they paid for so they could give a roof over his head!

I agree.

Still doesn't warrant a $20,000 bill for damage OTHERS caused.

He didn't cause any damage himself which is why I suggest community service and then those that caused the damage be fined for the damage.

If you're going to teach respect and fairness then the punishment needs to fit the crime. A $20,000 fine does not fit his crime of being irresponsible.

yeah i think you need to treat your parents house with respect... while my ex's folks were away his bro was doing all kinds of stuff in there he had not right to do... made me so mad... I would like to think if i ever have kids i can bring them up with enough RESPECT to not act like that. i think that's what it comes down to ... RESPECT. Everyone get out your Aretha Franklin CD and sing along!!!!!

OK.... let's say (for the sake of discussion) that I agree with you Midol.
How are the police going to find those individually responsible? They won't, so the idiot pays no money and the neighbours have to pay for their own damage. IF they have insurance they lose their excess and possibly their no claim bonus. And if they don't have insurance they're screwed. How's that fair? They wouldn't have these problems if the kid had shown some common sense. This was no "accident". It could be argued that he went out of his way to have a "really hot party!!!!" - consequences be damned!!!

Now im 12 i and i dont Throw ''KILLER'' parties but i can have a Good partie or two and Don't end up Smashin cars n things Its simple He is a Complete idiot...He makes us Behaved Teens Look bad!!!

Last edited:
OK.... let's say (for the sake of discussion) that I agree with you Midol.
How are the police going to find those individually responsible? They won't, so the idiot pays no money and the neighbours have to pay for their own damage. IF they have insurance they lose their excess and possibly their no claim bonus. And if they don't have insurance they're screwed. How's that fair? They wouldn't have these problems if the kid had shown some common sense. This was no "accident". It could be argued that he went out of his way to have a "really hot party!!!!" - consequences be damned!!!

There is no fine for it.

They are going to bill him for it.

He won't have to pay it anyway, minors can only enter agreements for necessities of life. The bill will have no legal grounding.

He did not cause the damage. You want to punish him for damage his friends did.

If your son had a party and his mates parted ways and smashed up cars with bats on the way home would you consider it fair that your son pays it all? I hope you do find it fair as that is exactly what you are advocating here.

Snakeman: Do you know how to read? Corey did not smash anything. OTHER people at the party did.

the cops and the media made it worse....
he did something stupid.

and by all accounts i have been to more out of control parties.

the media made it big deal going after a clearly stressed panicing kid for comments... to be honest i think the medias actions there is the most morally repprehensible.

and the 20k bill isnt even punishing him for someone elses actions, its punishing his parents,,, coz where does a 16 year old get $20k?

i have heard of 500+ people country parties, with ADULTS... involving rapes, mass drink driving, and a house burning down...
where is the outrage there?

but no.... no good media comment from a scared 16 year old kid.
what right did the media have to harrss him for answers and comments, before police can even legally speak to him

This is amusing.

You're all supporting charging corey when he did not damage anything himself.

You are holding him responsible for what his guests did.

Next time you have a party or a gathering you better bloody hope your guests don't cause ANY damage. If you follow the line of thought in this thread then you should be held accountable for it.

Corey is an idiot, he should not be charged. He did not break any laws himself relating to this party. Those who caused the damage should be charged, not him.

Corey should be held responsible and deserves all he gets, although it won't be enough. I wonder if they can invent a new law just for him. Guilty of being a total Moron, Idiot, d...head or however you want to put it.
He really was put on the spot by the media though. Wouldn't have been good for the rest of his giggling girlfriends (mates) to see him act like a man so he chose to behave the way peer pressure demands- look like a complete idiot but at all time be cool.

hmmmm, i know for a fact his parents are not HAPPY with him.
The party took place 3 streets from my house and his siblings go to my daughters school.

We might live in the same street Koubee as i live 3 streets away aswell

Oh give me a break!! Society does not equip them to be absolute tools! That is a cop-out!!
They should know the limits! Because I drive a car that is capable of doing 200Kph doesn't mean I am going to do it.

Yes, but knowing your boundaries is one of the benefits of being OLDER and having more EXPERIENCE!

You say society doesn't equip them with these tools? Can you imagine a parent turning around 30 years ago and saying "My son, Roger, can't learn anything and is disruptive in class because he suffers from a disorder."

HELL NO! He would have been called hyperactive and had the bejesus flogged out of his behind. Whereas nowadays, we say they have ADD and give them more time to learn, more ability to break the rules, more acceptance and excuses made for them not doing the things they should. The kids aren't just making this crap up themselves.

Whats that make you? Just because you were given brains doesn't mean you're going to use them, as in this case tonight! Nighty Night little one. Don't let the bed bugs bite!

Best ask mummy what "responsibility" means in the morning.

I asked her all about "responsibility" while she was tucking me in to bed and I was drinking my warm cocoa... W T F? Seriously cowboy, have you been sniffing glue?

You're getting crappy with this kid for having a party... granted. I would be angry myself if it really had anything to do with me... but it doesn't.

In "your" day (I find it funny when "grown-ups" claim that a period of time belongs specifically to them... selfish much?) it would have been nigh impossible to chisel out 300 invitations to your friends and distribute them with your horse and sulky when your parents went to see the prodigal son, Jesus, and left you at the hut all alone... this I understand.

Modern days dictate that it's possible for people to distribute information to a large (read: VERY large) group of people in an instant of a second (which is why we have overnight successes like that "Ping Pong" song... *shudders*). This explains why the party got out of hand.

I feel that he's doing what teenagers have been known to do for a sustained period of time... but the means by which he did it are far greater than what was capable "back in the day" of expansa and the like. He's still a teenager that made a mistake... and the more that people harp on about how he's immature, he should be punished, yada yada yada... the longer his infamy will last.

Accept it, have a chuckle, praise the sweet lord Jesus (or whoever your higher power is) that it wasn't your kid, or in your street and marvel at the fact that a 16 year old kid can become famous in a heartbeat for being, well, a teenager... then discuss it 6 months later at a BBQ with your mates when nobody can remember his name.

Last edited:
hey i think someone on here asked why the media is wasting so much time talking about this kid, well i think there are about 9 pages of people talking about it on here.

i think its hard to say that because of this one idiot did this, the youth of today are all bad! because this is definitely not true. it is the minority of idiots that gives the young people these days this label.

i agree that as you grow up (MOST) people make mistakes and LEARN from these. someone use the mistakes that their parents made as their own experiences (if that makes sense). my mum's favorite line to me a couple of years ago was "i just dont want you to make the same mistakes i did" or "when i was young". :)

anyway enough ranting and raving from me!

have a wonderful day

:( not all of us are bad i promise - i have never had the urge to have a party at my own place because no mater how good the party is there is always bound to be ALOT OF CLEANING and it is so not worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back