Channel 9!!!!!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is amusing.

You're all supporting charging corey when he did not damage anything himself.

You are holding him responsible for what his guests did.

Next time you have a party or a gathering you better bloody hope your guests don't cause ANY damage. If you follow the line of thought in this thread then you should be held accountable for it.

Corey is an idiot, he should not be charged. He did not break any laws himself relating to this party. Those who caused the damage should be charged, not him.

If you allow a guest at your home to get really drunk and drive home, you can be held responsible for any damage they cause...

thier are soo mannnyyy partys like this every weekend, i dnt no y people are making such a big deal out of this one,, yes im sure his a idiot, but i still think his bloody funny,, and most teenages will,,,

Geez, this thread is depressing. Not all teenage kids behave like complete morons. If I had've done something similar to this Corey twat when I was his age (which was only a couple of years ago, mind you) I would have had my *** kicked so hard I couldn't sit down for a week.

Party boy Corey, 16, has been offered the chance of making up to $20,000 as a promoter after his wild and boozy party grabbed the attention of global media.

Party promoter Tim Sabre, of Raw Entertainment, has offered 16-year-old Corey a job with his events company as a party promoter.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is amusing.

You're all supporting charging corey when he did not damage anything himself.

You are holding him responsible for what his guests did.

Next time you have a party or a gathering you better bloody hope your guests don't cause ANY damage. If you follow the line of thought in this thread then you should be held accountable for it.

Corey is an idiot, he should not be charged. He did not break any laws himself relating to this party. Those who caused the damage should be charged, not him.

You are correct. If I have a BBQ / party in my home and something gets broken, I wear the damage. When you invite people to your home you do it at your own risk. Who hasn't had accidental breakage of plates, bowls, ornaments etc?????So Corey (aka the idiot) IS responsible and yes he should be financially liable!!!!!!!

For the damage to his own home?

Of course he should, its his house.

He is being charged for the damage to OTHER peoples homes and cars. Damaged caused after the party goers had LEFT his home.

If one of your guests at your BBQ bottles a car on the way home (lets say 100m from your home) are you offering to pay for the damage of the bottling? Or is it your friends responsibility.

You are correct. If I have a BBQ / party in my home and something gets broken, I wear the damage. When you invite people to your home you do it at your own risk. Who hasn't had accidental breakage of plates, bowls, ornaments etc?????So Corey (aka the idiot) IS responsible and yes he should be financially liable!!!!!!!

so if ur son had a party, and oone of his friends went and smashed a window down the street ur son should pay for it?

If you allow a guest at your home to get really drunk and drive home, you can be held responsible for any damage they cause...

Anything legal to back this up?

The person behind the wheel is responsible. No one else. Legally and ethically. Unless you want to prove me wrong. Austlii is a good start.

For the damage to his own home?

Of course he should, its his house.

He is being charged for the damage to OTHER peoples homes and cars. Damaged caused after the party goers had LEFT his home.

If one of your guests at your BBQ bottles a car on the way home (lets say 100m from your home) are you offering to pay for the damage of the bottling? Or is it your friends responsibility.

u beat me to it lol..

I think you guys are trying to absolve him of the total irrisponsibility of his behaviour. It wasn't his house to give a party in. It wasn't his house to adverstise on line. It wasn't his house to hold a party without adult supervision. So yeah....he did all these things off his own bat so now the consequences are his problem to.

No.

I think he deserves a punishment... Just not the proposed punishment.

Community service for being a public nuisance is FAR more fitting. This current penalty imo teaches two things:
1) Party hosts can be held accountable for guests actions.
2) Guests can bust up as much stuff as they want without consequence.

Punishing Corey with community service shows organisers can be punished for irresponsible parties and then attempting to track down those who caused the damage will show you can't break stuff at parties.

$20,000 is not reasonable.

I think you guys are trying to absolve him of the total irrisponsibility of his behaviour. It wasn't his house to give a party in. It wasn't his house to adverstise on line. It wasn't his house to hold a party without adult supervision. So yeah....he did all these things off his own bat so now the consequences are his problem to.

his parents shoundt have left him alone in charge of the house!!

If someone steals your car, should you be responsible for the damage it causes while the thief is driving it????
He stole a house to hold a party in - his parents did not give it to him for that purpose.
Community service won't repair the damage made to neighbouring properties....
If an example is made of this twerp maybe others will think twice.

As a home owner I really don't want to live with the worry that if the irresponsible teenager down the road holds a party and my place is trashed it's my problem. I'm not talking a couple of stubbies on the lawn - that I can deal with (***** they're probably mine.) I'm talking about wilful and malicious damage from drunken kids (and hangers-on) who should never have been there in the first place. If he hadn't decided to prove how cool he was and hold a party without the homeowner's (his parents) consent there would have been no damage - therefore he's responsible.

Lesa, I just checked with a cop I am friends with.

He did not steal the house. So legally, your argument has no merit.

He did not cause the damage yet he is being charged for it. Wrong.

BTW, the $20,000 is only for the police. None of the neighbours. Guess where the $20,000 will come from? I'll give you a hint, he gets $175 a week from centrelink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back