Cleaning the glass

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liccy

Reaction score
What would be the best thing to clean the glass (inside and out). Would windex fumes be toxic to my diamond? or if i didnt spray it everywhere and just on the glass would it be ok?

Thanks,

Alicia

honestly i think water because its non toxic, spray it on and use a paper towl to clean it off

ENJO-microfibre cloths. u just use water no chemicals and they work great! doesnt even look like there is glass there.

A small amount of mild dishwashing detergent, in some warm water, and sponge, then wipe dry with a paper towel. As it could be difficult to remove some marks with just plain water.

Jimbo is right, if you have an ENJO mit, or cloth, that would be the way to go, they are great products

A big huck tooey.!! Na as above just water.
Rob

i use as many toxic chemicals as i can find n.... ;) nah water is good.

I take it out (mine slide) soapy water, dry and put back, never stays clean long, liz love to jump in water/substrate/food smear all over, then ya got lil hands all over the outside! wish ya could buy teflon coated glass that stayed clean! :D

Newspaper is one of the best things I have found to clean glass with.
Just spray some water on the glass, wipe off with newspaper, it comes up like you wouldn't believe. Try it!

Neil

A touch of vinegar in the water when using newspaper as ncherps mentioned does wonders.
Rob

I use windex on the python enclosures.

For the frogs I use windex where I can polish it away.

(Windex is not too much more than metho and water and many herpers have been using it for years. )

Where I cannot polish it away in the frog enclosure I use a spray bottle of water and a scraper blade which works pretty well.

NCHERPS said:
Newspaper is one of the best things I have found to clean glass with.
Just spray some water on the glass, wipe off with newspaper, it comes up like you wouldn't believe. Try it!

Neil

I agree with Neil and have always used newpaper and water to clean glass with...

non-toxic and a lint-free finish :D

I use isopropanol. We have it at work and we use it to clean and sterilise glassware used in the making of medicines. It's pretty pure and leaves no residue.

i use as many toxic chemicals as i can find n.

Shooting too humane for you, li.. er.. Schlange?

token smilies:

:lol: ;) :) ;) :lol:

i use water and OuZo's jumpers, she hasn't worked it out yet!! you see the key is to fold the jumper and put it back in the draw exactly as you found it, works wonders :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back