Cleaning

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ether

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I was just wondering what you all use to clean and disinfect your cages? It is nearly time for me do clean out my hatchlings cage but i dont know what to use. I have heard some chemical can be very harmful.

Just another quicj question, how big should my snake be before i decide to move it into a bigger enclosure? Right now it is in a little critter cage.

I use either a really small amount of disefectant in a bucket of boiling water and I also use a product called Reptile Science Cage Cleaner. I clean the cages At least every two weeks with it and once a month at least I use the disenfectant. This varies a bit as you can appreciate depending on when they crap. Hope this helps

i use avisafe disinfectant. u buy it as a concentrate and make it up urself - with only a few snakes it should last a while! cages get cleaned out whenever someone has an accident :wink: otherwise probably would clean it every 2 weeks like biker dude over there but i dont think ive ever had a cage without a crap in it for 2 weeks lol :D

I just use Pino o clean and spray it on and wipe it off,for stuuborn stains I break out the hot water and scrubbing brush,but if you don't let it dry too much then cleaning is a real breeze!!!

Bleach or chlorine in water, Or desinfectant suitable for that purpose like habitan.

As a General Rule(not always correct) use chemicals you would feel comforable cleaning your plates and cutlery with.

I use repti-kleen and find it pretty good, it's a concentrate too so 10ml makes about 15 dams full of working solution. OK OK so I can't remember the actual dilution rate :)

Due to the wonderfully absorbent nature of Breeders Choice we give daily spot-cleans. No less than a month the enclosures get a wash with Maas antibacterial washing up detergent, bowls are scrubbed weekly.

Rehouse your snake into a larger enclosure when s/he looks too big for it :)

I actually use a tiny bit of morning fresh in a spray bottle with water. Smells lovely and is a good cleaner!

Anything eucalyptus is a no no!!! :) I use what ever I can find, usually diluted metho for the glass and warm water, bleach and morning fresh for the bottoms. Make sure there is no smell or liquid before you stick your little mates back in. I clean water bowls about every 2-3 days, feeding plates (for the dragons) every day and I pick up crap whenever I see it and clean them about once a month, maybe 6 weeks. I use breeders choice as a substrate. Cages with paper towel get cleaned whenever they are dirty or damp. Breeders Choice is my friend!!! :)

i use a bio-degradable disinfectant ,allways let air for a hour before putting snakes back and thats every 2nd week ,remove crap when i see it but they crap out side most times so not much mess ,im just tring breeders choise for the fist time was useing desert sand but cost to much up here in QLD.

The missus thing was funny as! Maybe I should stop cleaning them instead of ricky....hrmm maybe thats what he thinks and does too!

mine is still new it hasnt dumped in it yet. where do you put your snake while you clean it?

thats dumb i mean do you just let it crawl on the floor or what

Lol, a pillow case usually does the trick. For bigger snakes, a plastic garbage bin with snap on lids works well

Get a pillowcase or a plastic tub or something to put it into where it cant escape while you clean its tank. We normally put them around our neck, our bhp's included, as its very convenient and we hope they realise what a mess they made and to clean up after themselves next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back