Cleaning

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good practice is- if you use bags, use same bage for each snake. Put his name on it and use this bag for that snake only.
If you use plastic container, wipe it after individual animal use with desinfectant.
In case one of your animal have some infection or respiratory problem in beginning stage, you do not have collection infected.
Some time the animal can have problem in starting stage and you can't visibly notice it. People with large collection must be curefull about this things.

my dad says my carpet snake will hibernate soon.i know it wont eat but the book says keep the water changed so does it wake up to drink and go back to sleep? will noise in my room wake it up and do i turn the lights on or not. how do i know when it will hibernate?

Fresh water must be available at all times, its level of activity will decrease with the temperature drops, however it is possible to keep it awake and feeding if heat is provided over this period.

Heat should be provided a few hours a day over winter if you do cool it. Try not to allow the temperature to drop of under 17C
Noises won't affect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back