Click clack temperatures - Plese help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scurrilous

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Built/started to build my click clack today for a JCP i am hoping to buy in the next few months (around december/january) and i wasnt too sure how many holes to punch into the tub, i did one full row around the tub then a few extra above that row, before i went ahead punching holes in the top i set it up with the heat mat i bought for it today. when i set it up i didn't have it on a thermostat as i havn't purchased one yet and put a temerature probe at each end, the temps at the hot end slowly climbed to about 30*c after about 4-5 hours but the cool end remained constant at 15-16*c the whole time (i was checking periodically as i did other things). I am just wondering if these temps will be ok as it is such a large gradient. The tub is 10lt resting on a small URS 10 watt heat mat taking up between 1/3 and 1/2 the tub, then resting on a tile. Any advice would be great, as i said i have plenty of time to fix anything if it doesnt work and i got a good price on the heat mat so if i need to upsize its not a great loss. Thankyou :)

U need to realise that your cool end temps will be higher in the summer so will be better.... My stimi in a click clack at mo and all I have done is put heater mat in a larger container and placed small container a third of it over mat... Mat at 33/34 and a thermometer in hole at cool end now shows 23/26 due to the mat slightly warming the inside of the larger container... Works well for me during the colder months... Also container in quiet area of the house away from constant traffic.... Hope this helps.... Saves setting up anuva stat with light etc

Built/started to build my click clack today for a JCP i am hoping to buy in the next few months (around december/january) and i wasnt too sure how many holes to punch into the tub, i did one full row around the tub then a few extra above that row, before i went ahead punching holes in the top i set it up with the heat mat i bought for it today. when i set it up i didn't have it on a thermostat as i havn't purchased one yet and put a temerature probe at each end, the temps at the hot end slowly climbed to about 30*c after about 4-5 hours but the cool end remained constant at 15-16*c the whole time (i was checking periodically as i did other things). I am just wondering if these temps will be ok as it is such a large gradient. The tub is 10lt resting on a small URS 10 watt heat mat taking up between 1/3 and 1/2 the tub, then resting on a tile. Any advice would be great, as i said i have plenty of time to fix anything if it doesnt work and i got a good price on the heat mat so if i need to upsize its not a great loss. Thankyou :)

Im in Adelaide and ive been copping these ****ty gradient temps all winter too. in summer things were better for me. my whole reptile room is at about 19 all day so thats what my cool end sits at ( ambient temps). i think its normal, all my guys are still eating and shedding.

Ok thanks guys, like i said I still have a while to wait so I'll set up again a few weeks in advance and make sure. The weather should warm up by then.

It doesn't matter if the cool end gets really cold. As long as the warm end has enough heat the python will work the rest out for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back