Coastal Carpet Python average sizes?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have little jungles that are a bit smaller and they love fuzzies. I don't think you should have a problem. Coastals seem to have a HUGE appetite. My coastal is just shy of 2.5 meters and after smashing a jumbo rat he is out hunting around 3-5 days later. Such a guts.

If you want to put a bit of weight on, maybe treat with some quail.

Like others have said, you want to see a nice big lump in them after a feed.

IMG_1044.jpg

This is what a 90cm Jungle looks like after downing a weaner rat. He was even hungry for more the hippo!

I didn't think he was that big but I just measured where he was laying on the table the other day (I memorised the lengths so I could put aq tape over it) and he's longer than I thought!

i have a coastal and she comin up 3years and 5,3 .i.all so have a cape york hes comin up 2 in a month and hes just hitin 90cm and ive just got him eatin fuzzys rats tho his hit 3 a hit i thought id tell u the dif between the 2 and the size.... but then i had alot of pobs wit him and tryin get eat large food

as long as your snake is not skinny, and has a healthy shine, and not a fat ****, there's nothing to worry about at all.

some like to power feed, some are fiercely against it (like me), but all in all, each to their own, as long as they aren't poorly looking.

as long as your snake is not skinny, and has a healthy shine, and not a fat ****, there's nothing to worry about at all.

some like to power feed, some are fiercely against it (like me), but all in all, each to their own, as long as they aren't poorly looking.
Agreed - there is NOTHING worse than an overweight animal - no matter what the animal is.

We give our pythons larger items as we only feed them every 10-12 days now.

I have heard of people feeding every 5 or so days - Couldn't imagine doing that.

I must have the age of my coastal wrong. I was lead to believe he was about 2 & a half but he is just shy of 2.5m and smashing jumbo rats like they are a light snack.

Hah mate your right.. he is 3.5 yrs old ... my other boy is 2.5 yrs old and around 180cm.

I must have the age of my coastal wrong. I was lead to believe he was about 2 & a half but he is just shy of 2.5m and smashing jumbo rats like they are a light snack.

not if your animal was aggressively power fed, with a lot of snakes, they'll eat a lot of you let them, in the wild they go through boom and bust cycles of years, so they eat as much as they can when it's abundant, with a kept animal, that has little movement, no predators to escape from and doesn't need to hunt for it's feed, it's over kill, there's simply no need to do it, but some, for what ever reason, think it's a good thing to do.

you *can* get a coastal up to near three metres in three years if you really pump the food in, it'll cut it's life span by half or so, but it can be done, and some people do do it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back