coastal size?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

noah07

Reaction score
i have recently got myself a male coastal....its 15 months old and is only bout 90ishcm. is this a bit small for its age ? at what age r they fully grown??

hi i have one about the same age and he is 104cm, what are you feeding him on, wat size food? and how often?

all carpets if fed well will reach maturity at 3yrs old they dont really stop growing but rather just slow right down as they get older coastals are the biggest subspecies of morelia spilota and its quiet common for them to hit 8ft, by the time they hit 5yrs old 8-10ft wouldent be unherd of

they vary,alot i have had a fair few coastals,they grow rapidly for the first few years then slow down as they age.
There size they attain is greatly influenced by there diet.
I dont think you will get the exact answer you are looking for as there are many variables in this equation

the person i got it off was feeding it weener mice wich i think is to small im goin to start giving it weener rat i think....

Wow... my 5month old MD is about 80cm.... pics?!?

i just want a round about average size i just think its a little small....my bredlis r 3 months old and r 60cm....

i have recently got myself a male coastal....its 15 months old and is only bout 90ishcm. is this a bit small for its age ? at what age r they fully grown??

I have repeated this on many 'coastal' threads, so apologies for those that a sick of reading it,
My coastal was a slow starter when i got her at 1 year old,(Jan 09) and only measure 50-60cm, at 27months, she measured 165cm.. (5 1/2ft) she certainly made up for lost time, i cant wait to measure her next Jan,

but yes they are all different, i've heard of 6yo coastal at 7ft and some at 9 ft, so if you think of 9 ft when you're planning an adult enclosure and it only gets to 7ft at least it will have plenty of room to move LOL

He looks so little! Gorgeous looking snake though! Nice colours

yearling female to compare
female2-1.jpg

Wow!! Not much size difference between the bredli and the coastal.

her and the male are both a little over 1.20 meters in length, normal size for a yearling coastal that has one standard meal every 7 days enough to give it a slight bulge in theyre gut

im gunna start giving it fuzzy rats i think... the person i got it off never had any heat in its enclosure....thats probably why...

im gunna start giving it fuzzy rats i think... the person i got it off never had any heat in its enclosure....thats probably why...

:O thats a big no no, of course you keep them heated 24/7 for the first two years of life so they can eat well all year then you slow the feeding down and let them cool every year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back