Council just came to take my dog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just found out it is going to cost around $400 to have him released, not quite sure how I am going to get that together yet but I will find a way and I have to somehow get home home from Cranbourne to Frankston with no car. Grrr. The weekend is going to suck, I wont be happy until I have him home and safe.

What a horrible situation............. just read the thread and i couldn't think of anything worse.

Shame i am on holidays right now as i wouldn't have thought twice about coming to pick you up to collect your dog!

Hey if you have paypal i can transfer $18 over (Thats all i have in my account lol). What a scam.. $400 they should be paying you for emotional distress.. i didnt think they could charge you as they came to your propriety to pick him up..

wow thats quite an experience to read so glad your getting your dog back! Hope everything goes well!

p.s if your open to small amounts I have 9$ in my account D: shouldn't of gone out last night! I would be glad to donate it to you!

Hey if you have paypal i can transfer $18 over (Thats all i have in my account lol). What a scam.. $400 they should be paying you for emotional distress.. i didnt think they could charge you as they came to your propriety to pick him up..
There charging me for kennelling and a reclaiming fee and something else, I think they are just trying to bleed me cause they can. It is because I changed my mind which meant he had to be kennelled until the ranger gets back to work and speaks to the neighbours in person which could mean I am looking at Tuesday or Wednesday. And if they declare him dangerous I have to pay extra and buy their stupid sign and stupid collar, grrr

Last edited:
defs go down to the pound today to give him some treats and perhaps a blanket from home with the smell of yourself on it so he has something to help keep him calm and as happy as possible in thats crappy place. PLus to make sure he is ok, i have seen the extent of the scum like behaviour that our local rangers like to conduct, dogs "accidently" running into a fence when scared, or those "savage monsters" that they wrestle with untill the dog frets and wants to get away from the moron trying to dominate him. I am almost certain that one of the job needs to be a ranger is a small penis and a massive ego.

Aha! So that's why I didn't get that ranger's job when I applied for it... I've got the ego but...

Jamie

Thank you mad_at_arms and Jamie.

Thought I would ad some pictures, these are from last year. Can't find where I stored the later shots so I am hoping I haven't deleted them. The first one is when I first got him and the others are at about 3 months, he still has the missing hair from his first brush with death and he had to have an oxygen mask glued on as he kept getting it off. They are a bit blurry as he wouldn't keep still. His eyes are not blue like that, that was a flash thing I think.

Attachments

• 786.jpg
    786.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 814.jpg
    814.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 815.jpg
    815.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 53
  • 818.jpg
    818.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
There's a lesson there K, but the ranger should have counselled you rather than acting as he did. Breathing space and time to get things into perspective (difficult I know, but time is a great helper here) are enormously important in any decisions you have to make right now. If you were able to keep the dogs separate for the next few days, and assess what needed to be done to make a permanent fix, it seems more sensible to me. You'll always feel terrible about what has happened, the important thing is to make sure it can never happen again.

The ranger is right out of order in saying the dog looks like it may have "pit bull" in it - it's very subjective comment and he wouldn't ever be able to prove it. It's just feeding the stupid hysteria that's all around us at the moment.

I hope some sense prevails and you & your dog get the support you need to get through this...

Jamie

I think the ranger has actually given K a breather. At least her dog is safely locked up and away from the situation until the owners are informed. And being a bull arab.....well.....some of them DO have a pitty look to them.

A nasty situation at my work a few months ago has made me realise the hard role that animal control have to play in these situations. The owner of the dog that was attacked and killed....crept over and drowned the other dog in it's own pool......then he followed these people to my work and continued getting things off his chest. Not good. Animal Control had gone to the property initially to talk to the owners of the dog that killed the other one.....and were told that they had given the dog away to someone who worked out bush. So, unable to do anything, they left, and the offending dog turned back up a week later - to the distress of the neighbours who had lost their dog....and it turned into a complete ****efest.
K - I know you are second-guessing yourself about ringing the council - but don't. That will go in your favour.
I just hope the other owners understand and don't want to pursue it. Thats what you have to strive for.
Please know that I'm so sorry for what you are going through.

I think the ranger has actually given K a breather. At least her dog is safely locked up and away from the situation until the owners are informed. And being a bull arab.....well.....some of them DO have a pitty look to them.

A nasty situation at my work a few months ago has made me realise the hard role that animal control have to play in these situations. The owner of the dog that was attacked and killed....crept over and drowned the other dog in it's own pool......then he followed these people to my work and continued getting things off his chest. Not good. Animal Control had gone to the property initially to talk to the owners of the dog that killed the other one.....and were told that they had given the dog away to someone who worked out bush. So, unable to do anything, they left, and the offending dog turned back up a week later - to the distress of the neighbours who had lost their dog....and it turned into a complete ****efest.
K - I know you are second-guessing yourself about ringing the council - but don't. That will go in your favour.
I just hope the other owners understand and don't want to pursue it. Thats what you have to strive for.
Please know that I'm so sorry for what you are going through.

Have worked it out with the other neighbours ToadCountry, they don't want him put down. And I said to the ranger that of course he looks like he has pitbull in him as all bully type breeds are from the same ancestry, or words to that effect. I think he was just trying to catch me out because of the new laws here in Vic, he seemed happy enough to accept it when I said he wasn't but it doesn't mean he wont try pull that when I go to get him released.

That's good. They sound like really good people.
I've got a Bull Arab AND a JR. :D I know. I'm an idiot. :rolleyes:
Best of both worlds....I run them for miles of a morning, and lock them up when I'm not home.
Left to their own devices, one will jump fair over the fence, while the other is busy digging under.

I know Vic is going through a huge change, however most of it is scare-mongering by the media.
Truthfully, I would love to see the same legislation up here in Cairns....it would make people pick up their act, and actually realise that they have to be responsible for their animals and not think it's fine to let them wander the streets day and night.
But that's another story.
REALLY glad you had a good outcome.

How does your dog come to attack 3 different dogs in 2 years if you have him on a lead?????
1st time was wasking him across a bridge only had a metre gap to pass the other dog walker, and my dog broke his harness to get to the other dog. 2nd time i didnt shut the side gate properly and he got out ran up the road and got a staffy. 3rd time left the front door open than went out the back to get my surfboard when i was coming back through the back door he managed to slip past than straight out the front to attack 2 labs being walked past .... very unlucky

Yes it is all very upsetting, I haven't eaten in days besides the odd snack here and there, and I only just got my uni application sent today, thankfully the uni was understanding as it was due today. Its the waiting that's the worst bit.

If I thought they'd arrive in edible condition I'd whip you up a batch of my brownies and send them down. ( They're to die for...):D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back