Croc on a spit at Wild Expo !!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krefft

Reaction score
The Wild Wxpo organisers have been in touch with one of the croc farms up north and have been able to organise for a whole Croc...and a Kangaroo to be the main course at the Saturday night BBQ.

Last year Croc burgers were the most popular food available, so they thought this year they'd go all out with a Croc on a spit. It's supporting an enviromentally sustainable industry and it's certainly in keeping with the theme. Before it's set in stone they thought they'd put it out for opinion.

If Croc or Roo's not your thing there will salad available.:)
Personally.....bring on the croc!!

Yeah I agree with the croc. Lets eat em. and Roo. Eat that as well. And I guess its either Outback Ale or Blue Tongue beer and Shingleback wine as well??

I think last year it was Blue Tongue beer and that seemed to work rather well. Peter if you bring the Shingleback wine I'm sure there will be some takers.

lol...well of course...we are the only country that eats the animals on our national emblem..and some more...:shock:

Good thinking Duke.

If I bring my own cat for the BBQ do I still have to pay the extra for food and entertainment?

sounds good IMO I'm sure someone could outline the reasons why it's better to eat croc n roo rather then beef etc. It'll be a big hit and definately continues with the theme of the whole event. My only concern is whose goi g to be the cook? Haha well done organizers

cool i guess more people eat it then i think only since the other day when i made that croc culling and purse thread did i no that anyone at all ate croc! didnt even think it was legal until the other day lol!

sorry but i wouldnt try roo meat lol just said that on the dog recipe thread the stuff makes me wana be sick lol! its just the smell that really gets me, my dog loves it tho :D

I have a cat we can add to the spit.

Dem is gud eetin.

LOL, Reminds me of a Malcolm Douglas show I watched not long ago.
He was in Central Australia hunting with the locals, where feral cat (or as they to call it Puddy tat) was on the menu.
He went hunting with a tracker for two hours tracking 1 cat.
They got it and it was cooked in the traditional way of throwing it on the fire.

As for croc, I'd give it a shot.
But roo, just taste like poo.

goanna on spit is quite nice with the porcupine cooked in the coals....yummo!!!!!!!!!!! excuse my terminology but thats what they were called when I was a kid, eating it in the backyard of my friends house.
The sight of a goanna on a spit is not a nice one...i dont imagine a croc would look any better...novel idea though...im sure a lot of people will get a kick out of it....I had a croc burger at the expo last year was pretty damn good...:)

Yes Fay...sometimes food on a spit can be a bit bland.

For those of you like Fay who like you crocodile a little more exotic I've included a few ideas for your own dishes.

Attachments

• Crispy croc with mango.jpg
    Crispy croc with mango.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 171
  • croc-and-chorizo-skewers-closeup.jpg
    croc-and-chorizo-skewers-closeup.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Crocodile Steak in Singapore.jpg
    Crocodile Steak in Singapore.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 69
  • crocodile_fried_rice.jpg
    crocodile_fried_rice.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 55
  • food_plates_lg.jpg
    food_plates_lg.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 60
oh what the... its foot is still on there!
i like my food NOT looking like the animal lol

Id eat croc steaks and burgers till the cows came home but the idea of seeing
a croc on a spit would make me lose my appetite,,

unless i was very hungry or pi$$ed or both.

croc tastes really good, its a cross between flake fish (fish in fish nd chip shop) and chicken.
roo is good if you know how to cook it. ..
did anyone see 60 minutes last night? how some foods on the supermarket shelves just qualify as being food!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back