Croc on a spit at Wild Expo !!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicken??
I've been told it's more like a Duck kind of flavor.

Attachments

• duck-crocodile-490x490.jpg
    duck-crocodile-490x490.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 21
We here this often and its always said in a negative sense. Why is it negative eating your national emblem?

Being in a virtual world you couldnt see me laugh, you couldnt see me smile, you deffinately couldnt see that I was not being negative..i enjoy eating croc, roo & emu. :D

lol...well of course...we are the only country that eats the animals on our national emblem..and some more...:shock:

Actually one of the French national emblems is a rooster, I'm pretty sure the french eat chicken.

Actually I would describe it as a cross between lobster and chicken. It certainly has the texture of lobster but the taste is a lot more subtle.

Chicken??
I've been told it's more like a Duck kind of flavor.

Kangaroos produce almost no methane unlike cows which are one of the biggest contrbutors to greenhouse gas emissions, plus the hard hooves of cattle cause soil compaction as well as soil erosion. Evolution in Australia left us with these mammals that live and breed in this environment, why should we try to change that to to suit an animal that doesnt belong in this environment?
Kangaroo needs to be cooked rare to avoid the meat becoming chewy and is the flavour even better when marinated in herb and garlic.
As for the coat of arms, Kangaroos and Emus are the 2 Australian animals cannot take a backwards step, why should we step away from supporting them as a farming option!!!

Croc on a spit...sounds horrid
What ever tickles your fancy i suppose:?

It would be kinda weird seeing a while croc on a spit i have to say, i can understand why it would turn people off.

It would be kinda weird seeing a while croc on a spit i have to say, i can understand why it would turn people off.

That's why it was put out there for opinion.
This year they were planning to have a few spits going...cow/ pig/ lamb/ roo/ whatever. Then they went back and realised that Croc was the most popular item on last years menu. Clearly eating Croc wasn't a problem for most attendees, they just wanted to get feedback on it being on a spit instead of a hotplate.
I've been assured that there is going to be plenty of food and plenty of variety.
It's going to be a great weekend. Hope you all can make the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back