Cross Breeding of Snake Species, what do YOU think?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D3pro! The eyes freak me out on that one!!!!

Br3nton, that second pic is an incredible looking animal, what is the story behind it?

Lots of good discussion in the morelia milkshakes thread,Most know my stance on cross breeding and happy to discuss via pm's if anyone is interested in chatting about it.

D3pro! The eyes freak me out on that one!!!!

Br3nton, that second pic is an incredible looking animal, what is the story behind it?

There green tree python x carpet python 75%Gtp there in the states but look unreal if I was experienced i would try and x them myself but I don't know anything about it and I'm not keen on trying. Haha

Cheers Brenton

Thanks S&M Morelia, I have looked through that thread a few times now, it is interesting for sure but seemed to me to be primarily for people who were in "favor of".... I very well might PM you!! Thanks for your input ;)

Thanks Br3nton, wow sounds really complicated to me!!!

i for one don't see the problem with cross breeds as i think that they are quite nice depending on the X'ing and as long as people state what they are before selling so we don't get feral animals getting into natural lines. but i do have to draw the line when it comes to CarpetXWomas as they are to different.

Ok try this one...

In my opinon...

We have heaps of threads on here, stating peoples points of view on this issue.

The one's I have seen, end up with arguments and people not really being civil to each other.
With your comment about "the worm can ;)"
I believe you knew this and thought let's get another one happening, right or wrong that's how it came across to me.

Therefore, I don't think that we should have, or need another thread on cross breeding for a while.
As everyone can already say that some people are against it and some people are not against it, the question is...
Who, What, When, Where and why.

I just don't see the point of ANOTHER cross breeding thread.

Try something a little different if your that interested in it.
Ask people a series of questions.

Eg:
Male or Female
Ask people what there age is,
species kept
how long they have kept snakes for.
Go on to ask what they feel about cross breeding actually is.
what they like about it and why
What they don't like about it and why.

Therefore it is not a debate, you can go through it, and find out what the majority is of.
Males that are into cross breeding
Females that are into cross breeding
See whether the older or younger generation is more likely to be for or against cross breeding
ETC

If you ask nicely, some math wizz on here might be able to sum it all up for you.

This will be better than another silly argument on a forum where people get flamed for having an opinion.

What's the wether like in tarragon Josh.

Cheers Brenton

I assume you mean Traralgon,
I'm not in Traralgon but it's 10 here at the moment.
Close though...
Why do you ask?
Do you know the area?

Last edited:
Im all for cross breeding when it comes to producing cool looking jags but if ur Going to cross bred like jungle to darwin and plan on selling the bubs ... No way

Joshua you miss my point, but that's ok. ;)
As for my "can of worms" comment, you have certainly misinterpreted that. Not my problem really. I'm getting some good points of view and opinions from this, which as I have already mentioned was what I was hoping for. (To those forum members who have offered insights and opinions to the actual question posed, I thank you - much appreciated).
Josh, as the subject matter/thread is apparently offensive to you, perhaps you should concentrate on something else?
Have a nice day :)

I think that since it's going to happen no matter what anyone says, instead of shooting down the people that attempt it, people should instead be focusing on educating them so they don't do as much damage. Personally, I'm on the fence here, I don't disagree with cross-breeding, but I don't agree either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back